Sunday, December 12, 2010

week in review

We planted two fruit trees last year and we were so excited to discover our very first fruit (grapefruit) on the tree!


Rob was working from home the other morning before heading off to a meeting. I was upstairs with Liv and came downstairs to discover that Tosh had climbed up on the counter to get a bowl, had pulled ice cream out of the freezer, and had dished himself some ice cream (at 10AM). I had no idea that Rob had left yet (oops). When I asked Tosh what he was doing he said, "I only wanted a little bit." It was true, he had only taken a small amount.

This next photo is blurry, but it's rare to get a toothy smile of Tosh on film these days.
Liv and Tosh have loved having Christmas stuff out. They especially like this Baby Jesus doll. I have found it in several places (besides the manger) including outside in the backyard. Liv is crazy about babies and can spot an infant carrier from miles away (ok, not really), but when she sees one at a store or anywhere else she gets really excited and squeals, "Baba! Baba!"

We are doing a babysitting trade with some friends in the ward (their idea). We went over to their house and played with their kids on Friday night and then at bedtime I stayed and put their kids down while Rob took our kids home to go to bed. It's a great deal for us. They have two darling girls and one is only four months old and I loved feeding and snuggling with a little baby.

This picture is funny of T and Liv. So typical of what they look like when they are resting or getting tired.
Liv is 19 months now. She has started bringing us a diaper and wipes when she is stinky which is something the boys never did. She seems to eat a ton and is talking a little more each week.
She LOVES the bath and is generally on her tummy blowing bubbles. She also loves pouring water over her head. I am excited to put her in swimming lessons this spring! She will be a little fish in no time.

Last night we had the opportunity to go see the ZooLights at the Phoenix Zoo. We attended a dinner before it got dark with the United Way. The kids had fun running around the zoo and they were able to get their faces painted (only H and T were interested). We all got free t-shirts and necklaces that lit up.
This photo is hilarious of Liv.
She looked so cute in her United Way shirt and bling. Some of the United Way employees took several photos of her last night and told Rob they want her to be their poster child (featured on some campaign literature). They also thought it was funny that her name is Liv and her shirt said "Live" on it...

The lights were really impressive and we had a lot of fun. It was an unusually warm weekend, and Rob and I kept commenting on the fact that Rob was comfortably outside at night in short sleeves on December 11th! It was a perfect night and we really enjoyed the event.

I wish I had taken my nice camera with us; Burke was excited to be able to take photos and took this one of Rob and me:

Hewitt wanted a turn with the camera and Tosh stepped in the way just as Hewitt took this shot of Rob, Burke and me. So funny!

Here is a conversation that Rob and Tosh had this week:
Rob: If you could snuggle with anything, what would it be? (expecting him to say bear)
Tosh: Mommy
Rob: Why?
Tosh: Because she is mine!

Aww, what a sweetie.

4 comments:

janeannechovy said...

That picture of the two of you is really great! Way to go, Burke.

The Laundry Queen said...

I agree about the picture of the two of you-- the kids are impressed with Burke's photography skills. All of the pictures are cute, actually. Tosh getting the ice cream reminds me of things I've been told about myself.

John R said...

The blog just seems to get better all the time. Glad you can have such great weather after all the heat this past summer.

John R said...

Congrats on the grapefruit!