Sunday, December 5, 2010

chop chop

I decided it was time for a change and chopped my hair off this week. I was a little shocked at the amount of hair on the floor...an entire cat pretty much.

It's already saving me time in the shower and is much easier to do.

Burke and Hewitt had their last soccer games of the season on Saturday. It will be nice to have a break until we start up again in January. Rob caught this great photo of Burke in action on the soccer field. He scored another goal yesterday and received an Orange Crush soda (5th award of the season) for "crushing" it during the game. I have really liked Burke's coach and we will have the same one next season.

It has warmed up from last week which I really like, honestly. I think my blood has thinned. Hewitt was wearing moon boots with shorts yesterday. Always a good look. Today after church he took off his white shirt and is only wearing a sweater vest with a cap. He looks like a Newsie.

Having a year supply of food storage has been a goal of ours for a long time (like for 11 years). We've always had a fairly good stock in our pantry, but we decided to go for it and order a bunch of food that will be good for 20+ years. I have to say that it feels really nice to check this off the list of things we've wanted to do. The boys helped load in the boxes, and Burke told Rob that "this kind of work is way better than usual housework. It's fun!" We still have lots of organizing to do, to find a place for everything, but we are feeling grateful for the large pantry in our laundry room and for lots of storage space under our stairs.
We pulled the remainder of our baby stuff out of the closet to get ready to give to Rob's sister. Liv was so funny playing with the toys and lounging in the bouncy seat.
I took Liv to the doctor twice this week. Once for a double ear infection, and again for her 18 month well check. She's had a growth spurt! She's 21 pounds and 31 inches (up to the 30th percentile from the 5th). I've heard that if you double a girl's height at 18 months it will determine her full grown height (and for boys you double at 24 months). According to that, Liv will only be 5 feet 2 inches (I am just under 5'4"). We'll have to wait and see.
Burke just brought home this poem that he wrote at school:

Bio Poem
I Burke,
A skinny, tall, and smart boy
Sibling of Hewitt
Lover of math, desserts, sports
Who feels hungry
Who needs ice cream, brownies, and cookies
Who fears heights, and robbers
Who would like to see an alien, a time machine, and Spain
Am a resident of Chandler, Arizona
Welcome you to my poem

I guess we really do need to feed him more...

Tosh helped me decorate the Christmas tree and put up the other decorations yesterday. When he came across one of our nativities, he was really concerned that Jesus would be sleeping on hay and not in a nice bed. It was really neat to sit and tell him the story of Jesus' birth. He was so wide-eyed and sweet. He loves to play with our Fisher-Price nativity under the tree and look up at the lights and ornaments.

Happy December!

8 comments:

The Laundry Queen said...

Okay, LOVE the hair. It looks absolutely great. That shot of Burke playing soccer *really* emphasizes his skinniness. Oh, and I seem to recall that Venn used to wear moon boots with shorts (at least once)-- it must be genetic. ; )

Heather Ashby said...

Love the hair! So cute. Whitney and I decided we were going to donate our hair the lock of love at the end of the school year. So, I guess it is back to short hair for me. I'm kind of getting sick of the long hair anyway.

Love the moon boots and shorts look. Grant was sporting that for awhile until I had to put the shorts away.

Sue said...

LOVE your haircut, you look gorgeous! And give all the kids loves, we miss you guys :(

Angela said...

Love the new haircut, you look beautiful. Thanks for being diligent about updating your blog, I love reading it.

John R said...

Love the do!Who was your photographer? they did a nice job "showing you off". Glad to hear Liv is growing. All of our kids were a little taller than the double at 18 mo. for girls and 2 yr. for boys. Anywhere from 1" to 3" taller. Great poem by Burke. I was wondering if he is getting enough ice cream, etc.

janeannechovy said...

Totally cute do. And totally cute kids!

The Laundry Queen said...

Oh, yeah, I think Pen is taller than you now. She'll pass me up next.

Perschon Family said...

hey, what are the odds.... we chopped our hair at the same time! i remember when you chopped it after i first met you. it took me this long to finally get the nerve up to finally chop mine. i have always loved your hair short! so cute! it's fun to have a change!

and...the other coincidence is that we checked the long term food storage off our list last week as well! (we kept putting it off until we knew we were going to be staying put) we got a combination of some Thrive and Daily Bread...so nice that it will last for years!!!

as always, fun to see all the cute pictures of your kids. they are all growing up so fast. hope you're having a nice december!!