Rob overheard a couple at church talking about how they would be alone this Christmas and so Rob invited them to join us for Christmas Eve dinner. I am so glad that he did! It was so nice having Char and Fred over (she is my partner in Young Women) and it made cooking a huge feast seem much more worthwhile. I made turkey with all of the fixings and they brought a Honeybaked Ham which the kids were thrilled about (we had so much food that we still have tons leftover and we haven't even touched a cheesecake I made). They brought gifts for the entire family, joined us for acting out the Nativity and sang Christmas carols around the piano. It was a great evening.
I didn't get a lot of photos, but here are some of Mary, Joseph, and the Angel (Gabriel?):
We ate a nice Christmas breakfast of waffles, sausage, peaches, and hot chocolate with whipped cream before looking in stockings and opening gifts. Liv slept in longer than usual and the kids were very anxious to get going...
Hewitt has been asking me to print photos of him for a very long time. Santa must have heard the request because he brought a photo book for each of the kids.


Everyone seemed very satisfied with Santa's selections and Tosh said, "Santa knew just what I wanted!" (lots of big cars).
Everyone seemed very satisfied with Santa's selections and Tosh said, "Santa knew just what I wanted!" (lots of big cars).
All of the boys received rollerblades, and after a shaky start, Hewitt was already looking pretty good!

I caught this pic of the boys before church today. Today was Tosh's last day of nursery! Here we come Sunbeams.
I took a three-hour nap yesterday and a 90 minute nap today--NOT normal for me. It's been so nice to relax yesterday and today (and not have to cook). Burke got the entire Harry Potter series for Christmas and is loving them so far. Rob hasn't read them yet and so they are reading them together and I am enjoying the story again too.

I have taken all of our Christmas stuff down already. I have lots to do tomorrow since we leave Tuesday morning for California. We are really excited to visit my brother Todd and his family this week!
I feel grateful for the wonderful holiday season we've had. I love getting Christmas cards and hearing from friends and family. It's a bittersweet thing to feel remembered and loved, but to also feel pangs of homesickness for dear friends and loved ones. I feel beyond blessed for my wonderful family, but especially grateful for the birth and life of our Savior and Redeemer. Rob and I have been talking lately about what really matters in life and how we need and want to be better. I am excited for the coming year and for the opportunity to reflect on the past and set new goals.
Liv was most excited about her new dishes and toy food for her kitchen, and shared a little "tea" and pretzel party with her new Cabbage Patch Kid. Rob was laughing about how the smell of the CPK (baby powder, if you can't remember) brought back the memory of his sisters' dolls. It's true too. They smell just the same and are still super cute in my opinion.
Liv with her new baby, Suzanna Nancy:

She hadn't shown much interest in dolls to this point, and so I am happy that she seems to like her and has been carrying her around.
I caught this pic of the boys before church today. Today was Tosh's last day of nursery! Here we come Sunbeams.
I took a three-hour nap yesterday and a 90 minute nap today--NOT normal for me. It's been so nice to relax yesterday and today (and not have to cook). Burke got the entire Harry Potter series for Christmas and is loving them so far. Rob hasn't read them yet and so they are reading them together and I am enjoying the story again too.
I have taken all of our Christmas stuff down already. I have lots to do tomorrow since we leave Tuesday morning for California. We are really excited to visit my brother Todd and his family this week!
I feel grateful for the wonderful holiday season we've had. I love getting Christmas cards and hearing from friends and family. It's a bittersweet thing to feel remembered and loved, but to also feel pangs of homesickness for dear friends and loved ones. I feel beyond blessed for my wonderful family, but especially grateful for the birth and life of our Savior and Redeemer. Rob and I have been talking lately about what really matters in life and how we need and want to be better. I am excited for the coming year and for the opportunity to reflect on the past and set new goals.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
4 comments:
Looks like you had a great Christmas! The CPK brought back memories for Rob.... I guess there are some in there somewhere. ; ) Have fun in California!
I'm so impressed you already have your Christmas down even with all that napping! Glad you had a good Christmas. Have fun in Cali!
I had to think a minute while reading LQ's comment, trying to remember where in the post Tamsen had mentioned California Pizza Kitchen. I guess I have it on the brain, since we went there last week with Alisa, Kevin and Sue.
Looks like a fantastic Christmas. We kind of feel like we've barely finished opening presents, and no one's really had a chance to play with them yet. Fortunately D still has a few more vacation days to burn through before Friday, and his mom is here. Lots of playing on the schedule for this week!
I know Burke and Rob will LOVE HP. We miss you guys!
Looks like you had a fabulous Christmas. And I just thought about a specific Christmas related memory I have of you and Rob. It was when I was the Primay Chorister and Rob came in with his guitar to help with the music for the Christmas sharing time. You had just gotten past the worst of your terrible sick stage in your pregnancy with Liv and I hadn't seen you much the previous few months. I remember looking at you as we were singing a song about baby Jesus and you had tears in your eyes. I couldn't help but think about what you had just been through in your pregnancy to bring your sweet Liv into this world and paralelling it to the timing of celebrating the birth of Jesus. I got pretty chocked up msyelf after seeing you that day while we were singing. I'm so happy you made it through that trial and that you ended up with such a beautiful, sweet baby girl! We miss you guys but are glad you're doing so well down there!!
Post a Comment