Thursday, October 4, 2012

Hewitt turns eight!!!

It's sorta hard to believe that Hewitt is eight years old!  When Hewitt woke up on Tuesday, he told Rob, "I don't think I can stop smiling today!"
 
The kids are out of school for fall break, so Hewitt started the day by going with Rob to the store to pick out the cereal of his choice (this year it was Fruit Loops.  By the way, Hewitt is always so good to share with his siblings). 
 
The primary chorister in our ward (Brenda) offers to make a cool balloon for the kids when they pass off the words to all the primary songs for the program.  We've been working on this all year and I had the kids pass the songs off to me for Family Home Evening last week.  When Brenda asked me if Tuesday morning would work to come over, I was thrilled.  I knew that Hewitt would love that on his birthday.  Great timing!
 
Blast off!!! 

Liv got fairy wings (even though she didn't learn the songs --Brenda is generous like that).  I love how Liv is holding her hands!!!  I promise I haven't taught her jazz hands! 

Pirate T

Captain Pirate-- don't mess with this guy. 

Awesome Brenda with the kids:

The kids were entertained all morning:


 Liv insisted on these awesome shoes.  Probably so she could run really fast!

We made (Sam's Club take and bake) pizza for lunch (Hewie's fave) and then his two good friends, Christopher and Aansh joined us to go bowling!
 About to get their "bowl" on...

Dancing to the "Chicken Dance"-- Tosh really got into it.

The boys bowled three games and then came home for cake and ice cream.  Hewitt is suddenly into Pokemon and asked for Pokemon cards for his birthday.  I felt like his cake wasn't terribly exciting this year (Hewitt has had some awesome cakes if I do say so myself).  He really wanted the chocolate bundt cake I make, so I just added some Pokemon figures to it.  Each kid picked a figure to keep. 

Thoughtfully making a wish:

Candles out on the first try:

Cute friends!

Happy Birthday, Hewitt!!! You are awesome and WE LOVE YOU!!!

2 comments:

The Laundry Queen said...

What a great birthday! And those balloon creations are absolutely incredible. Just hoping Edith's feet don't grow too fast because those shoes Liv is wearing are awesome....

janeannechovy said...

The next box to Liv will have the next pair of awesome Adidas kicks, which I am sending even though they are a little warm and have a knot tied in one lace, because they are so cute. I've looked and looked for more such cute ones, but no luck. They stopped making Originals in kids' sizes. :(

I also am super-impressed by the balloons! And it looks like Hewitt had a great birthday.