We spent the past week at Newport Coast, CA. We kicked things off with a family game night with the kids:
We spent Monday at Crystal Cove. The beach never disappoints!
Liv was much more comfortable in the water this year:
I caught Burke in a very happy/goofy/willing to be photographed mood on Monday. I love these next few pictures of him!
Strike a pose. Vogue!
This one is sweet (and *cracks* me up too):
We were excited that Patti (Rob's mom) flew in to join us on Monday. We hit Laguna Beach on Tuesday:
We were originally planning to go the San Diego Zoo (or something like that) on Wednesday, but because Rob sprained his foot the Friday before we left town (soccer injury) he couldn't walk very well in his boot. We threw out several options and finally decided to keep things simple and local (less driving). We spent Wednesday morning at Balboa Island. The kids enjoyed the ferry, riding scooters around town, and LOVED the Ferris wheel.
(Tosh looks really young here. Weird.)
Took this with my phone from the top of the Ferris wheel:
Back for frozen bananas again. Yum!
That afternoon we went to Corona del Mar. More phone pics:
Really cute one of my boys:
Since Rob couldn't be as active as normal, I had to step it up and play some football on the beach with the boys:
Hewitt: "I'm open!"
It was rainy on Thursday (and Friday) so we decided to go to a movie (rare for us). We saw Madagascar 3 in 3D and it made us all laugh. Getting ready for the movie to start:
We enjoyed the pools, hot tubs, and other amenities at the hotel. We also played lots of games. Tosh concentrating during a game of Battleship (with 3D glasses on):
Burke was loving pointing out all of the sweet (expensive) cars in So Cal. We ended up visiting the Marconi Car Museum in Tustin and saw some really amazing cars (including a Ferrari FX estimated between 5-7 million!). Here is Rob with the Lamborghini he had on a poster in his childhood bedroom:
Even a PINK car for Miss Liv:
Friday evening we went to dinner at Rob's cousin's home in Newport Beach. Liv had so much fun with her second cousin, Abby. Matching dress-ups!? It doesn't get much better than that. It was a great evening which included the entire group singing "Oh Venn" after dinner. Good times.
We beached it up again on Saturday (left my camera behind). We watched the sun set at Laguna Saturday evening (and got some family photos--GROAN, but more on that another time).
Goodbye, beautiful ocean!
Wiped out on the way home!
5 comments:
My favorite part? All of you singing "Oh Venn"! Sounds awesome.
I'm with JA. It does sound like you had an absolute blast. And the pictures are fantastic.
Great pictures and it looks like you had a great time. My kids still talk about that "Oh Venn" song.
That looks like a lot of fun! I wish we lived closer to a beach.
Sorry about Rob's foot - no fun!
One other thought - you put ribbons in your daughter's hair to go to the beach?
I am taking note of this vacation, it sounds like it was fun and relaxing. I wish CA was closer because I can't imagine driving that long with my kids. Driving to St. George this summer was far enough. Your family is the best, I love Liv's cute hair.
Post a Comment