Some of you may remember reading about the Disco roller skating party we hosted last October. We had a such a great response that we decided to do it again this year, only with an 80's theme. It was a late party (9:30-11:30pm), and we got a few snap shots in our fairly dark house prior to leaving. I LOVE the "red eye" in these shots. Makes it extra '80s-like, don't you agree?
My sister dressed in a complete outfit from her high school days (her sweater actually has "Mindy '85" on it. Her hair is awfully similar to what I remember it looking like in 1985 (dyed blond in front, as well). Awesome.
Rob's fashion choice of "Wham meets Mork" as he called it:
We didn't have quite the turnout we had last year (lots of calendaring conflicts, like our Stake Fair--bummer!) but those that came really got into it and had a fun time (at least everyone seemed to). Here is most of the group toward the beginning of the night:
Remember this guy from last year?
He never disappoints on coming up with a hilarious costume. He and his wife are very gutsy--that fanny pack? Wow!
The kids had fun dressing up in some of the costume pieces last night. Liv was being so funny; it was hard to capture what she was doing with still photos, but let's just say she loved the attentive audience:
The boys pretending to be doing karate or something.
Hewitt getting ready to kick (not Tosh, just the air):
Can't believe that we are nearing the end of October! It's almost Halloween!
3 comments:
Awesome! It makes me want to be your neighbor/friend, but then we'd be in the same ward... anyway, I might just have to steal the idea. I love it.
Oh, and looking at the daring guy's shorts... I'm glad he's wearing the fanny pack! ; )
Awesome. I think having just a few people who are willing to look ridiculous frees up everyone else to really go for it. Bless that guy's heart.
Post a Comment