Thursday, October 4, 2012

not forgotten

I'm getting a bit behind on my blogging, and there are a few things I want to get on here before I forget to write about them. 
 
Tosh scored three goals at his soccer games two weeks ago!  Later that afternoon, Tosh walked into the kitchen and Rob said, "What's up, Hat Trick?" and Tosh laughed and said, "I'm not Patrick!"
 
We hired a friend of ours (Mark Benson) to do some built-ins in our family room (we've been talking about doing something like this since we moved in over three years ago).  It isn't quite done yet, but you get the idea. 


Hewitt has been doing front flips into the pool for quite some time.  Last month he mastered the back flip (made me quite nervous!) off our high wall.  One night after doing several great flips he said, "Wow.  If I lived in China they'd probably make me train for the Olympics!"


Liv made this tiara & pencil erasers creation all by herself and was so proud to show me:
 
I was able to get away to Sedona with my friend (and cousin-in-law) Cathy last weekend.  Neither of us had ever been there.  We felt very young (mostly seniors there), and were able to do lots of window shopping, got a mani/pedi, ate some really yummy food, and most just talked.  Nice girl time. 
 
We listened to the Relief Society Broadcast on Saturday night from our hotel room.  I took this shot from our hotel balcony at sunset (during President Eyring's great talk):

Coconut soup at a yummy Thai place:

We ended up going to the same place for lunch on both Friday AND Saturday!  This portabella sandwich was THAT amazing.    They even sat us at the exact same table (different server though).  We thought it was hilarious, but hey, it was an incredible sandwich. 

Sitting outside eating on the patio-
(It felt a little warm to Cathy, but I thought it was nice and cool in Sedona. Ha!)
Thanks for flying down, Cathy!  Love you!

1 comment:

The Laundry Queen said...

Some great things. Tell 'Patrick' that Big says 'hi'. ; )