Liv managed to cover herself in mashed potatoes and broccoli one night while Rob was working late (and I was helping Tosh in the bathroom). I laughed that she got food virtually everywhere, except that her clothes were almost perfectly clean (she's a bib ripper-offer).
Tosh was not happy with me before preschool one morning because I styled his hair in a faux-hawk (but it looked so cute!). I love that little pouty face.
I've obviously been slightly preoccupied mentally and completely forgot about "Mom's and Muffins" and Hewitt's kindergarten program on Friday morning. I had asked Rob to put it on his work calendar (so we wouldn't forget and so he would remember to go in late), and I got a call from Rob at 8:20am reminding me that I was supposed to be at the school in 10 minutes for the program. It was one of those mornings when Tosh, Liv and I were all still in PJs, and I frantically rushed to throw some clothes on and dropped my pajama-clad kids off at a friend's house. I was 15 minutes late to the program (and missed the singing, unfortunately), but got there right before the teacher called up each child to present a gift to his (or her) mother. Amazingly, Hewitt didn't seem to notice my late arrival and we were able to work on a couple of cute projects together. I had been nervous because when I had arrived a few minutes late on "Grandparent's Day" last fall (because I had taken some food to Burke's classroom), Hewitt was scanning the room and looking very concerned and worried. When he saw that I was there, he announced loudly, "OK we can start now, my mom is here..." or something like that.
Hewitt with a cute letter he had written for me:
A closer look:

Burke and Hewitt are obsessed with tether ball and have hung a soft knit ball from our loft so they can play in our entry way.
Great action shot of Hewitt:

Burke got two new pairs of glasses. His favorite's look like Harry Potter, but these are my favorite. I think he looks so grown up.
He is really starting to enjoy playing the piano and figuring out scales, Star Wars, and how to play things in different keys.

I had a very nice Mother's Day. The boys had all made me a present and I loved the Cub Scout/Boy Scout lanyard that Burke made me for my mother's pins (would you believe it made me get teary? It's that Dunning blood).

Tosh gave me the cutest card and bath salts. After I opened it he said, "Isn't that such a nice gift, Mom?" What a sweetie.


Liv looked super darling yesterday. I'm not sure where this hand-me-down originated. I'm guessing it might be something Rob's sisters wore? Of course this is post-church after she had taken off one sock/shoe:
Rob treated me very well yesterday and really surprised me with a few different gifts. I snuggled with the kids on the couch and took a nap while Rob made dinner and dessert. It was a very nice day in all. I was sad not to be with my mother on Mother's Day, but she is sounding better and better on the phone. I am hoping that she will be out of the hospital before we visit in a couple of weeks. We are really looking forward to seeing our families!!!
I will most likely be posting a couple more times about our birthday kids this week so stay tuned...
Hewitt with a cute letter he had written for me:
Burke and Hewitt are obsessed with tether ball and have hung a soft knit ball from our loft so they can play in our entry way.
Burke got two new pairs of glasses. His favorite's look like Harry Potter, but these are my favorite. I think he looks so grown up.
I had a very nice Mother's Day. The boys had all made me a present and I loved the Cub Scout/Boy Scout lanyard that Burke made me for my mother's pins (would you believe it made me get teary? It's that Dunning blood).
Tosh gave me the cutest card and bath salts. After I opened it he said, "Isn't that such a nice gift, Mom?" What a sweetie.
Liv looked super darling yesterday. I'm not sure where this hand-me-down originated. I'm guessing it might be something Rob's sisters wore? Of course this is post-church after she had taken off one sock/shoe:
I will most likely be posting a couple more times about our birthday kids this week so stay tuned...
4 comments:
Happy Birthday today Liv! 2 Whoo-hoo!
Tell your boys I was the tetherball champ in 5th and 6th grade... so after they practice real hard, tell them I'm ready to take them on!!! hehe.
So adorable!!
That red checked dress was originally Jennie's! She didn't want it for Gracie, so it got passed across to us, and Cindy Lou wore it. I added the shoes. :)
I love that whole Hawaiian set--I think I might have some accessories still around here, so I'll see if I can gather them up and get them to you before she grows out of the clothes they match!
loved looking at all the fun new posts. looks like you're making it through May! you always get such great pictures of your kids. my favs are of Liv opening her presents on her bday. she has the greatest expressions!!!!
I'm glad you had such a great Mother's Day. Sounds nice and relaxing.
Post a Comment