The weather was amazing this weekend; 80 degrees with a nice breeze. Liv and I went swimming (stood in the shallow area) on Saturday morning at it felt really great. Not quite warm enough for me to jump right in, but felt perfect on our feet and legs. Liv was in heaven.
I've curled Liv's hair a couple of times this week. It has sort of an 80's feathered look because it is so fine.
As I was downloading photos last night, I found a bunch from a couple of weeks ago that I missed and thought were cute. Liv's eyes look so big in this one:
I can't believe it is already May, and what I refer to as "Birthday Month." Liv is almost two, Burke is almost 9, and Tosh is almost 4. Crazy.
Well, I had some very rough moments this week, if I'm being honest. I want to share some of the high points though:
Rob stopped working sort of abruptly to accompany me to the temple while my mom was in surgery on Thursday morning. We were able to do sealings which was a great reminder to me that I have been sealed for time and all eternity not only to him, but to my wonderful parents. The sealer took a few minutes to talk about the promises of the resurrection and I really felt he was inspired to talk about that just for my benefit. Rob has been very supportive all week and even grabbed dinner out a few different times so I wouldn't have to worry about it.
My mom's surgery went very well. They were able to remove the tumor from her pancreas and she is recuperating and doing a little better each day.
We had Hewitt tested for same gifted program that Burke is in and he did very well and got in. It was also announced that they will be opening a gifted academy in Chandler this coming school year. I'm crossing my fingers that both boys will be able to go there (I think our chances are pretty good, so we'll see).
I mentioned last week that I am now working with the primary kids at church. Our first Sunday in charge was a bit crazy, but went really well overall. It was fun having both Tosh and Hewitt in the younger group, and Burke in the older group. I love that I will be able to teach and watch all of my children in sharing/singing time. I know I am biased, but they are all so cute and sing their little hearts out. It was one of those moments yesterday that makes me feel proud of my good kids, and so happy that I am blessed to be their mom.
3 comments:
I'm grateful for the high points you got to have, Tamsen. xoxo
What she said. Glad you got some good school news--we're still waiting to hear for Leif, and I'm very anxious because we've had further cuts to the program (it will lose .84 FTE next year, which probably means fewer specials).
the pics u posted of your kiddos are adorable. i just wanted u to know that my family loves your family and if theres anything we can do for u guys please let us know! (dinner, babysitting... u name it!).
Post a Comment