Rob and I celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary yesterday. I'm fairly certain that this will be the only time that our anniversary will fall on Easter (in our lifetime, anyway). Another big event of the weekend was the Fathers and Sons Campout that the boys go on every year. It was Tosh's first year going and the kids were so excited. Honestly I can say that Burke gets more excited about going camping than he does about Christmas. The trip didn't disappoint and the boys had a great time. Rob didn't think to take a single photo (boo), so you'll just have to take my word for it.
It sure seemed awfully quiet with just Liv and me home. We went swimming at a friend's house (Liv was great about keeping her ears above water--tubes, remember?), and then we did a little shopping after her nap. Saturday we did some chores, ran a few other errands, and I painted Liv's toenails for the very first time. You can't have a girls' weekend without a little pampering, right? She sat completely still, even when I dried them with the cool blow dryer. She is so girly; it's hilarious.
This little face wins my vote for "Best Photo of the Week," I'd say:
Livvy the "Dancing Queen"
I'm not sure if I've yet mentioned how much Liv loves dancing. Last weekend we had a movie/popcorn night with the kids. We watched "Tangled" (we hadn't seen it yet) and Liv would stand up and dance throughout each and every song. It was pretty awesome. Any time she hears music now she will start dancing around in circles. It is highly entertaining.
We had a nice and simple Easter. Here are some favorite photos:
Rob and I participated in the choir for our Easter program at church. I did fine during a trio I was in, but then became quite emotional and choked up during my solo in the final piece. It was a little embarrassing to be standing in front of the entire congregation unable to sing with tears streaming down my face. I can't remember ever being so emotional during a performance in my life! I refer to it as a "perfect storm" of several things happening at one time:
1. For the last couple of weeks, I have tried to remain emotionally removed, and to keep myself from feeling much of anything. I'm obviously referring to my mom and my fears concerning her health and the future.
2. Just minutes before Sacrament meeting started, I was released from working with the Young Women in our ward, and was called to be the first counselor in the Primary Presidency. I am happy to get to work with the children (and love the ladies I'll be serving with), but this caught me completely off-guard. The thought of not teaching and working with the young women feels heartbreaking. I love and care about these girls so much!
3. I was wide awake from 1am to 3:30am on Friday night (Sat AM), and again from 1:00am to 5:00am on Saturday night (Sun AM)! I am officially an old lady because I was up by 6:00am both mornings and couldn't get back to sleep after that. Talk about complete physical exhaustion. I had taken some allergy medicine before going to bed both nights and now know that it clearly causes sleeplessness. p.s. I have yet another sinus infection right now.
4. Listening to the music and narration about the Savior and His resurrection, and feeling a witness in my heart about the truthfulness of the message.
I've written and re-written about three different paragraphs right here. I have so much going on in my head and my heart right now, but I don't really have the words to express them, and so much of it seems private (for lack of a better word). I do feel so much gratitude and peace right now, and I'll certainly take that.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend. My mom will be having surgery this Thursday. Again, I would appreciate your prayers on her behalf.
Love and thanks, Tams
7 comments:
How nice to have a girly weekend! (I love her dress again by the way) I'm glad you had a good Easter (Happy Anniversary!), and I'll be praying for your Mom on Thursday. Sending some of Dorothy's positive thinking your way...
How fun to paint Liv's toenails for the first time! She looks so much like Hewitt in that dancing picture. So cute! I'll be praying for your mom on Thursday.
Love you Tams. What an emotional roller coaster you are on. I will also pray for your Mom. I hope everything goes well for her.
Happy Anniversary! Twelve years sure happens quickly. That baby is so adorable. She looks so much like you!
My heart and prayers go out to you and your sweet mom and family. I wish that I lived close enough to come by and be with you and watch the kids so you could have a nap.
wow...that is all lot to come at someone who has to sing a solo in church...i don't know anyone who would've been able to sing without getting emotional. i personally appreicate musical numbers which are sung with emotion even more than those without. I'm sure it was beauitful and so heart felt. lots of love!!
I too had a hard time getting through our Easter Sacrament Meeting program. I was find until we sang I know that my Redeemer Lives and then I lost it. I really hope your Mom is OK and if there is anything we can do, please let me know.
I would've been bawling my eyes out if I had been at your sacrament meeting, I'm sure. We are praying for your mom. Love you guys!
Post a Comment