Sunday, April 17, 2011

i love you mom!

My mom was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer on Monday. I have started a CaringBridge site for my mom and will be updating there with new information: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/maryanadunning

Monday was a pretty rough day, needless to say. I wept quite a bit and didn't get much sleep (it felt extra lonely with Rob out of town). It was a good reminder for me to put more faith in the Lord and turn to Him for comfort. I really have been amazed at how much peace and comfort I have been feeling. It certainly helps matters that my mom is feeling really good right now and sounds so upbeat and energetic on the phone. I am so grateful for the support and love we've received already. It means so much to me to know that others are praying for her (and us).

I'm not feeling too "wordy" right now so I'll leave it at that, but thought I'd share a few photos taken with my phone: Liv's favorite thing is getting into my stuff--shoes, jewelry, and as you can see here my make-up! I love this little guilty look on her cute little dirty face (notice all of the hair elastics and other things she dumped onto the floor). A couple of cute ones the park on Friday night:

My friend Alecia and I did the Pat Tillman Run on Saturday. I did better than I thought I would (4.2 miles in 37:01), especially since it was so crowded (about 30,000 runners). I hadn't been to ASU campus before this week; it was cool to end the race inside Sun Devil Stadium.
(Post run photo=not very cute. I have not one, but three cold sores right now! Can you say stress?)

9 comments:

The Laundry Queen said...

Love Liv's pigtails. And her make-up, of course. Good luck trying to teach her to apply with a less heavy hand when she's a teenager! ; )

janeannechovy said...

Look at those big, guilty blue eyes! And cold sores or no, you are pretty awesome, Tams.

Brett and Tiffany said...

Sorry to hear about your mom! You will be in our prayers! Great job on the run! Oh, I know the feeling of cold sores...I get them a lot...always can tell when I am stressed too! Have a great week!

Tom and Maryana said...

Great picture of Liv. Congrats on such a good run.

Angela said...

I am sorry to hear about your mom's illness, I hope she continues to feel good. You are looking pretty hot in your running gear, way to go.

Anonymous said...

My heart aches for your and your family. You'll be in my prayers. I'm so sorry she has to go through this.

Take care......Tanya

Sara and Company said...

I'm so so sorry, Tamsen. Love you and thinking of you.

rachel said...

Look at you running. :) I love that and would like to think that you first started running with me. Gives me motivation to be able to run again, too!

Adorable pics. Someday our kids will meet and have such fun together.

So sorry about your mom. Love you!

Carla said...

Tamsen,
So sorry about your mom's bad news. I'll pray for her health and your family's faith. Please send her my best.
Hugs, Carla