Sunday, April 10, 2011

23 months and other tidbits

I didn't take any photos at all this week, and it doesn't seem like there is much to report. We got all of our trees and bushes planted. I can't believe how much time and work the yard takes. My back and body have felt so tired. It rained all day yesterday so that was good timing.

During dinner on Wednesday night Hewitt said, "My tongue kind of hurts. Do you think maybe I need to eat some cookies?" I thought it was funny at the time, and that he was just trying to get out of eating dinner. I'm feeling some Mommy Guilt now because when he got home from school on Friday afternoon he was really complaining of his tongue and mouth hurting and felt a little warm. I took him to the doctor right away thinking that he might have strep. Well, he doesn't have strep, but the doctor showed me that his mouth and throat have canker sores all over them! She told me it was a virus and to keep him home all weekend. He is finally eating again today.

I haven't left the house at all this weekend. We reorganized and cleaned out our play room on Saturday and it looks 100x better. I woke up on Saturday not feeling very well myself, so I guess it worked out that we were staying home anyway. I signed up to do the "Pat Tillman Run" with a friend this coming Saturday so I'm a little stressed about getting my sinus issues under control so I can get running this week...

Here are some funny things Tosh has said lately:

  • "I am packed." (full)

  • "If we could be in the same class when Liv's a big girl and I'm a big boy that would rock. That would rock if we could be in a class together."

  • When Hewitt came down for breakfast this morning, he announced that he was feeling better. With great enthusiasm Tosh replied, "Oh I am so happy! We can share this cereal box. I'll look at the front and you can look at the back. Did you want to know how many grams it has?"

    Made me laugh.

Liv is 23 months old today! She is certainly getting ready to turn two. Just this week she has been putting food in her hair (applesauce, cereal, yogurt). I'm hoping this phase will end soon. She has mastered the words mine, me, and no (often said, nnnnnn-o!) It is actually pretty funny because if she sees me making something that she wants she will say, "Me me me me" in a cute little voice like she thinks we will forget about her. As if! :) OK, so I just took a couple of photos to document 23 months. (And yes, she was already in jammies by 5pm tonight; Rob's been at meetings all day.)


We got an e-mail from Rob's folks telling us that his mom's retina has become detached from her eye and that they would be returning from Armenia immediately for surgery. They weren't due to leave their mission until June, so it was a bit of a shock to everyone. We are praying that the surgery will go well and that her vision will return! We are certainly glad that they are home safe and are excited to see them soon (we hope).


Rob will be in CA for work the next few days... I really hope I am feeling more energetic and motivated by tomorrow. Here's to a good week!

3 comments:

The Laundry Queen said...

Hewitt is just like me! I get cankers like that, too, and it sucks. Having just one is annoying, but having them all over your mouth and down your throat is awful. Tell him I feel for him.

Can't wait to see your yard one of these days. Hope you get feeling better!

janeannechovy said...

I had a really bad bout of cankers in high school, and my dad told me it was trenchmouth. It might be fungal, too, as well as viral. Nothing a swish of Listerine original won't cure! :)

rachel said...

Your kids are hilarious! I don't think I look forward to anyone's kid anecdotes like yours.

The cereal box thing makes me laugh because my brothers and sisters and I used to compare calorie/vitamin counts on different cereal boxes. :)