Sunday, January 31, 2010

it's that time again

It's the end of January which means it was time to take the annual Peterson family photo for our Valentine cards. I dread getting family pictures taken. It's challenging for me to find the right balance between getting a natural looking snapshot where everyone is somewhat coordinated in color, yet not looking too "matchy" or formal. Even more challenging is getting all the kids to cooperate, look at the camera, smile, etc. Even though it only takes about 15 minutes of time to take the photos (that's about all we can handle at this point), it can be an exhausting endeavor.

Our friend Tony stopped by to take these photos on Saturday and the timing was perfect as the sun went behind a cloud for just enough time to get some photos in our backyard. Here are a few cute "extras" of the kids that won't be featured on our card (you'll just have to wait to see the family shot):


So yes, Liv pretty much sucked on her two fingers the entire time (she was tired). The finger sucking is actually getting in the way of her nursing now (she constantly tries to get those fingers in her mouth and prefers it to anything else!). Not sure what I can do about that right now.

Tosh was laughing in nearly every single photo. That's Tosh!

Other highlights of the week:
You may have noticed in one of the photos above that Burke lost one of his front teeth (and the other is almost ready to go)! That photo is the ONLY photo in the entire bunch where you can see that a tooth is missing (unfortunately). I think he looks so cute and he would be really upset if he read that I just said that.

Liv has just enough hair to put a tiny little clip in (thanks Stephanie, I can FINALLY use these!).


Other than that, it was a pretty normal week. My Mia Maids did a "cake decorating" class for our activity this week and we did really cute sunflower cupcakes where we put an Oreo cookie on the top and did yellow petals around it. The girls had a lot of fun with it.

We were reading in Alma, chapter 40 of the Book of Mormon tonight, and Burke was really getting into a great discussion with us about the resurrection. Hewitt (who listens more than talks) became really concerned when we were discussing "outer darkness" and the spirits that will go there. He got pretty concerned/emotional/upset about it. He was asking questions and almost crying because he was so worried about the people who wouldn't "get to live with their families" as he put it. He is such a sensitive kid. It made me teary talking to him about it. We assured him that everything will be fine and that he will be able to be with us in heaven.

Rob is almost finished training the woman that will be taking over his (old) job. I am certainly hoping things will slow down and that he will be around a little more to give me the break that I DESPERATELY NEED! January has been a crazy month. I'm looking forward to February.

4 comments:

The Laundry Queen said...

I LOVE the photos, Tams! And I hope you get the break that you so DESPERATELY NEED. I know what that feels like. ; )

Tom and Maryana said...

Great pictures! We can't wait to see them all.

Brett and Tiffany said...

Cute kids! HOpe you send us a Valentine's card! I think Valentine's cards are a great idea!

janeannechovy said...

We got your Valentine! Adorable, as always.