Things are going pretty well, I'm just really tired by the end of every day (and in the morning and the afternoon...).
A couple of highlights from the last few days:
- Burke, Hewitt and I started tennis lessons on Saturday. I had hired two babysitters (one to stay with younger kids at home and one to hang out with older kids at the park during my lesson), but one of them got sick. The boys did fine at the park (sans helper) watching my lesson although it was a little stressful and distracting for me. Burke was bothered that he wasn't able to play a "real game" but they enjoyed the lesson and we were going to go practice today but it was rainy... I woke up on Sunday morning very sore even though I've been running 3-4 times a week and doing some weights. I've missed that "good sore" feeling. It makes me feel like I'm getting somewhere.
- We were a few minutes late for 9:00AM church even though I spent HOURS in preparation and planning to get us there on time. There just isn't much you can do about a five year old that REFUSES to put on church socks and shoes... Anyway the rest of Sunday went fairly well. As usual, Liv was so cooperative and played on the floor right next to me while I taught my lesson (although I did forget to give the girls the handouts I had spent an hour making on Saturday. Oh well).
- Our home teachers (a father and son) had us over for dinner tonight and to share FHE with their family. Also, my friend Brooke (our new R.S. pres.) called from the store today to see if I needed anything and then delivered two gallons of milk to my door. Rob and I are so fortunate to find such great people everywhere we live. What a blessing!
- There have been a couple of nights when Rob has been able to tell the kids stories at bedtime (the adventures of Kirk, Truit, Josh and Biv...) by using our speaker phone. I literally put the phone in the boys' room and then go downstairs and clean up the dishes, etc. while he talks to the boys for about 15 minutes and it's almost like he is there with them. So nice and it feels like a mini-break!
- Tosh is getting more "flowery" with his speech and it cracks me up. For example he'll say, "Throw the ball to me, me, me! I am the best player in the world!" Or tonight he said, "I just love that dog so, so much." (talking about our home teacher's dog).
- I'm staring to rate my night's sleep (whether it is good or bad) by whether I wake up alone in bed rather than how many times I am up. There have been a couple of times when I wake up at 5:00AM with someone (Hewitt or Tosh) in bed next to me (one time they were both there) and I don't remember them coming in my room. Then they keep me awake with their tossing, by sticking their legs in my back, and Tosh asking for milk over and over. I have trained myself only to hear Liv during the night and I miss Rob getting up to put the boys back in bed...
Speaking of bed, I want to go to there.
2 comments:
At least you're alive! Big was so affronted when my folks came back and started sleeping in their room again-- he said, "But that's OUR bed!" Clearly he is confused about where he should be sleeping. ; ) Can't wait to play you in tennis!
Miss you guys - JED
Post a Comment