Friday, October 23, 2015

june 2015

During the first week of June I got some awfully sweet photos of my blue-eyed boy. I don't usually post so many photos from the exact setting, but they were all so cute--how to chose? This is still maybe only a fourth of the photos:









I turned 40 the day after we returned from our trip to Utah. I think Liv took this photo of Truman and me on my birthday. I would have never guessed that I'd have an infant when I turned 40, but now I can't imagine life without him.  

I went out to lunch with some good girl friends (Sue, Brooke, Keri, and Cheryl. Also Tru tagged along and slept the entire time) and then Rob and I (and Truman) out to dinner at one of my very places--Spinato's. We stopped at Home Goods on the way home and then Rob made a stop at Baskin Robbins to pick up an ice cream cake he had ordered to have with the kids. These five will keep me young, right??

The next day the six of us ventured out for some shopping and I found it to be quite nice that one kid could push the stroller, another the cart, and the kids were really helpful at loading and unloading things too. Maybe my forties will be fabulous after all!

My friend Jami put together a little dinner the following Sunday to celebrate my birthday (with the Weed, Lundell, and Curtis families). They had some 40th birthday decorations up and the Lundells brought some Nothing Bundt cakes. It was sweet of everyone and made me feel loved.

Truman loves the bathtub. He's such a cutie pie:


The first week of June also brought Cub Day Camp for Hewitt and Tosh! This is a great shot of Hewitt that a friend sent me:


Rob went as a chaperone one day and got this funny one of Tosh trying to pull the sword out of the stone:

The two brothers together just before heading off on the last day. It doesn't get much cuter!

Livvy and Tru:

Burke went to Scout Camp and had a great time. His leaders texted me a couple of photos. Looks so fantastic and relaxing!:


Yet another photo shoot with Truman...this summarized how I spent my summer:
We took Truman swimming for the first time mid-June. He looked pretty serious, but LOVED it! It's been so fun to see how the other kids react to all of Truman's "firsts." Truman really brings a lot of joy and unity to our home.



I think Truman looks so much like his cousin Adler as a baby here:

It looks like Truman is jumping up and doing a 'heel click' in this one:

Tosh was baptized on June 20th. Patti was able to come back down for another visit. It was a special day.


Tosh's primary teacher gave him this personalized towel which was so thoughtful!

Our family just before the service:

With Grandma:

Sure love this boy!

A couple of funny things to note: First Rob forgot to bring extra garments to change into (I was feeding Truman and was relaying all of my "make sure we have" list to Tosh to tell Rob). Rob's cousin Kurt ended up going to buy a new pair at a distribution center because it was closer than our home! There was a baptism before ours that ran into our time so it was helpful that we had to start late. Kurt and Noelle got back to the church JUST in time for the baptism ordinance. I was getting pretty nervous. Also, right after Tosh was baptized (they did it twice because they weren't sure if part of him came up or not), he did two flips in the water!!! We got a few comments like, "I've never seen anyone so excited to be baptized!" Oh, Tosh. He is our very own "Tigger" (Double G) for sure. 

Grandma Pete gave the talk on Baptism, Aunt Sue spoke on the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Liv sang a solo of "I am a Child of God" with Hewitt as accompanist.

 It was a really nice service. After the baptism we invited everyone back to our place for a yummy luncheon. 

As well as the baptism, Truman turned three months on the 20th. Here he is all ready for a swim late that afternoon:
Truman loves splashing and kicking in the water. He then got so relaxed sitting in the shade that he fell asleep in Rob's arms. His little rolls are to die for:

The 21st was Father's Day. Here is Rob with our five after church:

This is such a "dad" outfit Rob is wearing...he's just missing the black church socks.  I love this photo that Patti got that shows me trying to get a good photo of everyone:

Later that day Hewitt asked to learn a bit more about Rob, so he got out his baby book and read through it with the kids. I was lucky to get this candid. Rob is a fantastic dad and very loved.
This photo also shows part of our new photo wall! I spent some time figuring out what we wanted up and got it all framed and ready and then Sue arranged it all on our floor and then hung it for me!!! I love it! Thanks again, Sue!

What a treat to have afternoon tea with this little lady. She commented on how she is good at keeping her pinky really straight:
Reading:

All clean. Photo credit: Hewitt.

Hewitt, Tosh, and Liv were able to make some money ($75 each!) for having some photos taken for Pearson (an educational research comapny) one day. We have a friend that works there and the kids have been able to do a few different things (mostly testing) that have helped them earn money. This photo shows the photographer getting a shot of Liv and another boy playing a math game, while my boys were making a poster to help this fake classroom look more legit.


By the end of June, Truman was a total pro at grabbing his toes and feet (and putting them in his mouth!). He does it all the time!

Sweetest face ever:

And that just about wraps up our June!

3 comments:

Brett and Tiffany said...

Happy late 40th! Your baby is adorable...along with the rest of your family! I love reading your blog! I need to be better at updating mine!

The Laundry Queen said...

Such great photos! Tru is so expressive. So much fantastic stuff packed into that month!

janeannechovy said...

Oh my goodness so cute. That first shot with the furrowed brow needs to be turned into a meme.