Sunday, November 8, 2015

july 2015

July starts off with some more photos of our favorite baby. He really is so dreamy. 




Sweetest little face:



At the beginning of July, I was sensing that Liv needed a little one-on-one "girl time" away from home. We we went to the movie "Inside Out" (cute movie!) and got frozen yogurt. A selfie in the dark theater:


Rob took the older four kids for a special overnight on July 3-4. They went out to Cracker Barrel for dinner and then to a Diamondbacks game! They stayed at a hotel and then went and played miniature golf before hitting Circle K for drinks on the way home. Par-tay!  They had a great time, and Truman and I had a wonderful evening and day in a clean and peaceful home.


Rob also made a stop at Nordstrom Rack and got some new school shoes including these cute ones for Liv:
The evening of the 4th we went to the Lundells and had a nice dinner with their extended family (they are so sweet to always include us). We also went swimming, and then did fireworks and watched the fireworks show that the Tarwaters/Kellys do every year. It was a great weekend for everyone.

Liv and her accessories--it looks like Truman is ready to do a "Jane Fonda" workout:





Truman had his first taste of food (rice cereal mixed with breast milk) on July 11th (Grandpa Pete's birthday). He liked it right away and has been a great eater:
Cute and messy face:



Truman makes this darling face that I call "Muppet mouth." 

It reminds me of Kermit scrunching his face kind of like this:



So Rob's brother (John) has wanted to do a guys trip with their two Peterson cousins (Brian and Venn) for years. He was able to get it to come together this year. They ended up spending some time in Washington at Venn's lake house and then they did some backpacking in Oregon. They brought their teenage kids along for the trip and based on everything I've heard, had a fantastic, laid-back time, with lots of great food and fun. 

The brothers and cousins on Lake Summit:


Backpacking in Oregon:




Rob and Burke had a great time! Hopefully our entire family can make it up that way soon:
Liv trying this Bumbo out--ha!

Cute brothers:


The first day of school was July 20th! Burke switched schools for 8th grade and it's been a good change. Hewitt is in 5th (Mr. Buist), Tosh in 3rd (Mrs. Harder), and Liv in 1st (Mrs. Bartelt):

Truman turned four months on the 20th and was tall and strong enough to go in the exersaucer! Perfect timing for me to be able to let him play in there while I get some things done with my many helpers off at school.



The end of July marked SIX years of us living in Arizona! One of Rob's co-workers (Holly) gave us this darling onesie at the Intel baby shower and it made me get teary. It's interesting to think of how much has happened in the six years we've lived here, including losing three parents, adding a fifth child to our family, and making amazing friends that have really become like family. I appreciate how these friends and all of our experiences here have made Arizona our home.

Truman's little tongue is the cutest thing ever:









I'm not sure if I've mentioned Truman's "monkey" that we keep in his crib. It's way bigger than all of the animals the older kids have had (Pottery Barn stopped making their stuffed animals!). It's a very soft monkey that is washable (meant for kids with allergies and asthma). Truman looks so cute sleeping with Monkey:

Truman rolled over for the first time on July 30th...and that wraps up our July!

1 comment:

The Laundry Queen said...

What a fun trip with Venn and Brian! I admit to being a wee bit jealous. :) Again, so many great shots of everyone. I love how they make me feel like I'm there. So glad you're posting!