Wednesday, August 7, 2013

catching up (early june)

I'm slowly trying to catch up on blogging about our summer.  I am sort of wishing I had brought my laptop with us on vacation, but am also glad that I didn't...

I realize that I missed some things of note BEFORE our trip to Hawaii that I don't want to exclude.  We had about a week and a half in there at the beginning of June before leaving.  It was great having Rob home and off work.  We were able to get lots of organizing done (pantry, closets, garage, etc.).  Here's a cute shot of the kids shucking corn for dinner:


Family outing to the store--always an adventure:

This photo is classic!  
Really?  Everyone wants to be in the cart?

I went to lunch with some girlfriends on my birthday (they made me feel very loved).  I don't remember this next photo that was taken on my birthday, but just found it on Rob's phone (gotta love that I'm wearing a sweatshirt on June 3rd when it's well over 100 degrees!  I get cold at night with the AC!):


My sister came for a quick visit (yea!) the day after my birthday.  We did some shopping and she dyed and trimmed my hair.  Thanks, Min!

We went out to dinner and indoor rock climbing with our friends the Dommers (just moved to Utah--sad) and Lundells.  I hadn't climbed a rock wall since Rob was in MBA school.  We had a fun time and were pretty tired by the end of the night:


 The guys always make us laugh.  Couldn't resist getting these photos of Paul, Rob and Rob sharing the front cab of Pauls' truck.  (My) Rob couldn't find his seat belt and the other Rob hammed it up for the camera by planting a kiss on his cheek.  Funny boys.


Liv was so excited to get this dress from her cousin-- Rob's folks bought it in Armenia on their mission.  She loves it, can you tell?

Liv learned how to come up for air in the pool (finally!).  She is so fast (and strong!) now.  She loves swimming:

A little makeup, Liv?  Rob thinks the dark eyebrows make her look more like a Peterson:
 Compare to Rob's eyebrow (this was us swimming at our house just before going to Hawaii)  :)

On our way home from Fresno (post Hawaii), Tosh lost his first tooth!

We got home from Fresno on Saturday night, and Rob and Burke left for scout camp at 4:45AM on Monday morning.  Burke was so excited!


 Here are some photos from camp that I stole from Rob's phone:

(don't be fooled, he had a GREAT time!)

 Burke worked VERY hard and earned nine merit badges!

Best buds!

I had a very peaceful week (for reals!) home with the three younger kids while Rob and Burke were gone at camp.  It was a little stressful trying to get everything packed for our big trip, but we took it easy, hung out with some friends, and swam.  Here are some great shots that I got of Liv while we were taking a break from swimming one day:


1 comment:

The Laundry Queen said...

That first picture of Rob with the kids in the grocery store totally cracks me up. The look on Rob's face is fantastic.