Saturday, August 10, 2013

peterson family reunion (vacay part 2)

*Note:  This was such a busy/crazy summer and going through photos and catching up on blogging about everything is a little overwhelming.  I am not giving the details I might normally...  For more photos of this great reunion, please visit Rob's sister's blog   She has several different posts about each day of the reunion and some great photos of the kids  :)

On Friday, June 28th, we drove from Portland to Lincoln City for the first part of the Peterson Reunion.  Rob's brother, John, was in charge this year and knew just the place for a little clam digging:


We eventually discovered that just digging your hands in a big hole was the best way to find them.

Hewitt was so excited to discover a cell phone (with case) buried in the sand!

We ended up with way more than enough...John made a big batch of clam chowder.

It was so sunny and warm in Lincoln City!  The warmest I remember the Pacific ever being that far north.  We spent most of Friday afternoon at the beach and it was a blast!
This is one of my favorites of Liv and Rob
This photo of Tosh is one of my very favorites of the summer!

Cute cousins!!!

This was the view of the ocean/sunset from our balcony.  Not bad at all.

I really like this place.  A lot.

As with every Peterson reunion, we played lots of games (Rob's sis took this pic of our game of Scum).  That's a lot of people around one table.  So fun!

Saturday we explored Boiler Bay.  We had a great time exploring and looking at the sea creatures. Here are just a couple of the photos I took with my phone:


The Boiler

After church on Sunday we went for a little family walk in a beautiful area by the lake in Lincoln City.
Rob, Liv, and Patti

Awww, family love.  Literally a photo of some Oregon Tree-Huggers :)

The kids played at a nearby park for a bit.

Liv's hair was so much curlier in the northwest!  Cute girl.

Three Peterson men hanging out prior to dinner:

These cousins have so much fun together.  I wish we were all together more often!

After dinner, we did some singing and visiting.  I love this photo of these three watching their talented aunts sing!

Monday was overcast and cooler (a great day for some photos).  Here is Liv warming up for the camera:

Too funny, this girl!

Patti with all of her grandchildren except one (we missed Elder Peterson in Africa).

The big group shot (this will be Patti's Christmas card, no doubt).  It turned out pretty cute (Tosh was being a little turkey!):

I really like this one I got of the siblings with their mom.  Sure love all of these great people!


Our family (I LOVE, LOVE this of Hewitt and Liv):

Monday also involved a little skimboarding.  I even tried it and did OK, although I didn't ever glide very far (too afraid of really going for it and falling).  Rob was fun to watch:

The kids still had fun although it was a much cooler day

On Tuesday we packed up and headed to 'part two' of the reunion; camping on the Columbia River Gorge.  I guess the kids were sad to leave the coast?
Let the meltdowns begin!

The kids continued to have a great time together.  Here they were playing "Harry Potter" together (you might notice the Hewitt has a 'wand' in just about every photo from our vacation):


We had a nice big area to spread out in at our campsite and got our tent set up fairly quickly.  On Wednesday we hiked to Punchbowl Falls, which Rob and I have been to before.  It is such a pretty hike.  Rob and I actually hiked here and a few miles past it (with our BIL, David) when we lived in Oregon.  It was great to go back.  

Wading in-- we should have brought our swimming suits!
The falls are around the left corner
On the trail with the kids.  They were great little hikers and were pretty speedy too:


Back at camp, my sis-in-law organized a fun activity for the kids with these cool bubble blowers.  I didn't get many photos (it was my dinner night), but this one of  Liv cracks me up!

Rob's brother requested that we do some dutch oven cooking.  We did the same bread (two loaves) and cowboy stew (with chicken and veggies) that we made on our pioneer trek.  I was nervous about this meal all week, but I think it turned out OK:

We closed out the evening with some s'mores before we sent the younger kids off to bed.  The older folks (which includes Burke now, crazy!) stayed up for various games and visiting.
It was such a fun reunion!  Thanks to Rob's brother for organizing.  Let's do it again soon!

2 comments:

The Laundry Queen said...

I love seeing the different pictures you got of everyone, and reading about the reunion from another perspective. So much fun.

Sue said...

Great pics! I realize now how much I didn't see/notice or just wasn't there for due to my busy toddlers! Good times.