Goodbye, Spring. Summer has arrived. It's warmed up to the point that even I have started swimming some (usually right after I've gone running and I'm really hot). It's a bit chilly getting in, but if you keep moving then the water is warm enough :).
I've sort of felt bad that the weather here has been so lovely and there is snow where our friends and family live...
Then it was over 100 degrees on Monday and I felt like crying because it was still only April!
I took Tosh and Hewitt to get their hair cut last week. It just had to be done. Tosh LOVED having his hair washed and asked if he could have that done every week. So cute. Liv acted like the "pro" since she had just had her hair cut the week before. She kept telling the boys where to sit, what they were doing, etc. So funny.
Hewitt wasn't thrilled about his haircut (he likes it long over his ears), but Rob and I like it so much! I think it will be so much cooler for summer too.
Our 14th anniversary was on the 24th. It's always fun to look back at photos:
I sure treasure this one with our parents outside of the Mount Timpanogos Temple:
We've had this big collage of "greatest hits" hanging in our room for a while. Some of the photos had fallen down and Rob and I have talked about fixing it for several months. As a little surprise I added some new photos to our collection and fixed it up so it looked nice again. I knew he would appreciate that my "gift" to him cost only $0.77. Well, I also made fresh strawberry shortcake (and we went out for dinner on Friday night to celebrate).
Frugality + Food = Way to Rob's heart!
Some cute photos of the kids swimming:
Rob and Hewitt took apart our old TV/DVR combo (this is what we took with us when we lived in Tennessee for the summer of 2004). The kids had lots of fun creating their own shows:
Our family was asked to do a musical number at the Stake Primary Leadership training for all primary workers Sunday evening. We did "Teach Me to Walk in the Light" with Rob on guitar. I knew Tosh would be a bit of a 'wild card' but he sang the entire thing (Liv sat with a friend). Tosh was QUITE hyper before the meeting started and was running around the cultural hall a bit and then ran up on the stage after getting a drink. During the song, he started laughing at something and pointed it out to Hewitt, but kept singing. I wouldn't call us the "VonTrapps" yet, but it went OK and was probably a good reminder to the teachers of what primary kids are all about. I held on to Tosh the entire time we sang and escorted him outside before he could get away from me. Oh, these boys! How I love them.
Hewitt has been working hard to finish his 'Wolf' requirements for cub scouts. He has only ONE thing left to do! I just had to share some of the answers he wrote in his book.
(Only Hewitt!)
For FHE on Monday we visited some historic and government buildings in Chandler (one of Hewitt's Wolf requirements). We played Frisbee at a park downtown and checked out some cool buildings:
(Burke is on his tiptoes to look as tall as possible next to Hewitt)
Notice Hewitt's mis-matched flip flops? Classic Hewitt.
Only four more weeks of school and until Rob's 8-week sabbatical!
2 comments:
Love the pictures, and Hewitt's answers totally make me laugh. Boy, Rob's sabbatical sounds heavenly-- have fun with it!
Oh I envy your days of swimming! Tosh and Hewitt make me laugh :)
Post a Comment