Wednesday, May 15, 2013

braces for mother's day!

I love this photo of these monkeys in a tree (this was taken during Burke's last soccer game of the season).



 After the game (Burke's team was undefeated once again), we did some chores and then headed to the orthodontists for the big day--braces on!

Hewitt getting prepped for braces:

He picked green bands (his favorite color):

I finally got Burke to show his teeth later as we were waiting in the van at the gas pump (he picked silver bands to match):

Our Saturday errands also included a trip to the...

The scout shop was my LEAST FAVORITE place to go as a kid.  It's become a Dunning family joke now.  My brother Mark's birthday was on Saturday and I emailed him this photo showing that we were celebrating by going to one of his favorite places!

I overheard the cutest thing while we were there.  Hewitt and Tosh were talking while looking at all of the different patches and I heard Hewitt say, "Tosh, when you are eight like I am then you will understand;  Cub Scouts is awesome!"

Rob and I went on a 'gift card' date on Saturday night (our favorite kind).  We split a burrito at Chipotle, and saw Iron Man 3 at the theatre at no cost to us which is nice.  We just had to pay for the babysitter (still not ready for Burke to put Liv to bed).

Rob and Tosh made me breakfast in bed for Mother's Day.  What a treat (literally!):

Tosh woke me up early with this cute card his teacher helped him make at school.  He laughed when he told me, "I think I got a few of the answers wrong."  I love his answers even if they aren't exactly accurate (age, weight, hair, etc.), or what I would say about myself:

We hosted two families for dinner on Mother's Day, which turned out really nice.  Rob grilled tenderloin and we had tons of yummy food (I'm in need of a good detox after 'birthday and Mother's Day' weekend, for sure).

In honor of Mother's Day, I couldn't resist sharing these photos of my mom and me.  The one on the left is the day I was blessed in church (my mom looks so classy in her scarf).  The one on the right is just plain awesome!  Gotta love our matching 'Annie' hairstyles!

I hope that all of the wonderful women in my life had a great Mother's Day.  Thanks for your love and support (hey, you are reading my blog, aren't you?).

2 comments:

The Laundry Queen said...

I agree that the Annie-hair picture is the best. I think you look so much like Tosh in it. I'm glad you had such a great Mother's Day. xo

Angie said...

I love Hewitt's comment to Tosh at the scout shop. Lol!