The family picture we used on the card was one that Rob's aunt took this summer and I figured that it wasn't getting any more recent of the kids--just the thought of doing family photos again before February was stressful.
I took some photos of the kids last Sunday before church and included one in a little insert along with the card:
Liv has changed so much in the last few weeks and is really talking a ton. She is saying things more correctly like actually saying "bunny" instead of "bubba." This is new as of today when she clearly said, "Where is my bunny?" One of her favorite things to say (several times a day) is "You're my mommy, mama!" Another thing that I love is that she calls, "Brothers!" to get the boys' attention. A not-so-cute new thing is yelling, "I want it RIGHT NOW!" and other bossy things of the sort. She is still a busy little handful and is only napping if I lie down next to her until she falls asleep--TOTALLY worth it! I find that we both generally fall asleep and then I wake up after about a 10-15min cat nap and can sneak out of her room to get things done.
Tosh is seeming to be a bit more mischievous lately. He likes to stir things up and can get a bit wild. He is still super sweet at the same time and is so quick to tell me how much he loves me. The other night at bedtime we were snuggling and he told me that he loves me the most of anyone. He asked me who I loved the most out of everyone and seemed disappointed when I told him that I love him and his siblings ALL the most and that I wouldn't tell him that I love him more than everyone else (including Rob and Jesus). He is a sweet and funny kid.
I helped the older boys with school projects this weekend. They sure are learning lots more than I did at their age. The room mom of Burke's class has asked if we can start carpooling (she has one child). She picked the boys up twice this week (so strange not to drive them myself), and then she brought her son over to our house for me to drive him twice (I live closer to the school than they do). Her son is also on Burke's soccer team and I think we may work out some arrangement that would save me some time and gas money.
We put up our Christmas tree on Friday night (we had to take a break to buy some new lights and we still have some lights that have already stopped working). I finished decorating after the boys went to bed. Liv took a late nap and was up helping me until about 10pm or so. The kids have already rearranged lots of the ornaments, so we'll see how it looks by the time Christmas is here.
We have been listening to lots of Christmas music and I was telling Rob that we need to record the kids singing some Christmas songs this year. We'll have to do "Feliz Navidad" for sure; it's their very favorite. While I'm thinking about Spanish, I'm trying to get Rob to start speaking Spanish to Liv while she's in that 'will repeat everything' phase. She was listening while Rob talked to the yard guy the other day and told him, "gracias!" when he left.
I chatted with my brother Todd this weekend and learned that he is the new bishop of their ward. I feel bad that my first reaction was to start laughing when he told me, so I'm sorry about that, Todd. :) Their family already has a very full plate, but I know that he will be great and they will be blessed (maybe things will work out so he won't have to travel so much!).
My mom was put on antibiotics for phlebitis this week. She has had pain and red streaks in her arms. They continue to up her medicine to try to get rid of her blood clots. I think she is feeling okay otherwise, but not much energy. We are still hoping things will work out for them to travel here for Christmas, but we will be prepared to drive up to Utah if not.
Hewitt is sitting next to me helping me write/edit this post and wants me to include that the boys are looking forward to being out of school in two weeks and that he hopes to have a good break. I asked him if there is anything else he wants to add to this and he said, "We hope you have a good Christmas!" I hope that you are able to slow down and enjoy the month of December (I'll be trying to do that). I mixed some egg nog into my hot chocolate last night and thought it was quite delicious. I recommend it. Happy December!
4 comments:
Pen has done the eggnog/hot cocoa thing, but now it looks like I need to give it a go, too. Now that I have another opinion other than hers, as she thinks anything sweet is good (as you know). I'm glad it looks like you'll get a little breather. I'm looking forward to the holidays and hope we're all able to enjoy them.
Egg nog + hot chocolate? Sounds delicious!
Your Christmas card was our first one! Loved it.
Cindy Lou also talks about "the brothers," which I love.
Guess I'd better get my last present in the mail to you right away, if there's a chance you'll be heading northward!
Loved the card, it was the 1st one I received. The pictures were great.
Yes, was surprised when I got a Peterson Christmas card!
Danica calls her brother "the boys" which drives them crazy for some reason.
At my father-in-law's funeral today (details soon in a post) they played "Daddy's Hands", which I'd never heard anyone sing it but you! I still remember every word.
Post a Comment