On Monday night I noticed that he had an adult tooth growing in behind a semi-loose tooth. Hewitt worked on wiggling it all evening, and then Rob popped it out right before bedtime. He was so excited to get a visit from the tooth fairy, and sounds so cute with a slight lisp now.
Hewitt seems to have had a nice birthday. We didn't leave the house once today which was nice. We watched General Conference on the computer (Hewitt liked that he didn't have to get dressed up for church today!), played together as a family, and ate Hewitt's favorite foods: Waffles with fresh berries and whipped cream for brunch, and then homemade spaghetti and french bread for dinner.
I gave Hewitt a fresh raspberry with a bit of whipped cream on it while I was working in the kitchen and he said, "Wow! That is like a miracle!"
Hewitt got some nice gifts including Harry Potter Legos, the Harry Potter Lego Dictionary, a scooter, field hockey set, camera, and a jump rope from his siblings (possibly the favorite gift):
Testing out the jump rope:
A week or two ago I was talking with Hewitt about his birthday and asked him what kind of cake he would like. Hewitt's choice is always chocolate cake, but I asked him to think about what he might like on the cake. He's had a pirate, Star Wars, and cool robot cake among other things in previous years and I told him that we'd have to come up with something that he really likes. He thought about it for a few seconds and then said, "I want our family on my cake!" Sweet Hewitt. I am enjoying what I refer to as a "sweet spot" with him lately. I appreciate that our challenging toddler has grown into such a laid back and great kid in general. I feel so thankful to have him in our family.
Per Hewitt's request, here is his "family" cake:
Per Hewitt's request, here is his "family" cake:
He thought I was going to draw stick figures on the cake and was surprised and pleased to see our "bobble head" family when I revealed the finished product.
Happy Birthday, Hewitt John. We love you so much!
8 comments:
I love that cake & I love even more that he requested it! I'm glad he had a great day!
So cute! Happy birthday Hewitt!!
The cake is awesome, Tams! And I can't believe how old Hewitt is looking. It's looks like he got his dad's hops, too. Happy Birthday, Hewitt!
The cake is awesome, so creative.
Cutest cake ever! I am going to have to remember that one...maybe for Brett's birthday. I didn't realize we had our kids one day apart...my Kallie was born on October 1st and she turned 7 this year too!
I agree with Hewitt that raspberries with whipped cream is like a miracle. :)
Love, love the cake! Glad he had a good b-day!
He is so so sweet! How fun! And what an awesome cake! I love his expression when he saw it. Happy Birthday, buddy. We miss you!
Post a Comment