Liv actually calmed down pretty quick and was pretty sleepy when we got to the ER (way past her bedtime at that point). She actually got super smiley and animated and posed for this photo when we got back to her hospital bed:
They put some sort of medication up her nose that made her "pleasantly stoned" as the ER doc put it and once she got very loopy and relaxed they wrapped her up, numbed her, and sewed it up. She fought and screamed, but calmed down fairly quickly after, although she was very irritable and couldn't sit still for the next couple of hours and didn't get to sleep until after midnight (she was still making up for lack of sleep on Thursday and took a five hour nap!). I was thrilled to get in and out of the ER in about two hours. Her stitches come out on Monday morning and I'm not looking forward to that. I hope that she will relax and that they won't need to wrap/restrain her to get them out (they had to do that to Hewitt to get stitches out once).
So the highlight of our week was a visit from some of our friends from Utah. Heather and I were roommates for two years in college (95-97) and then she married our friend Dar (Aaron) from our ward right after I left on my mission. When Rob and I moved to Riverton in 2005, we ended up building in Heather and Dar's ward! It was great to have such a great friend just one street over and a blessing to move into an area already having good friends. I didn't take one photo of Heather and me while she was here, so I had to pull out an oldie from 1996:
We had dinner and played some board games after the kids went to bed on Thursday and then hit the zoo on Friday morning (minus Hewitt and Burke). Here is one of Liv and Lindsey taken right before we saw a sweet giraffe gallop across the grass in the background to make sure that this ostrich didn't mess with his buddy. It was seriously cool.
It was a warmer than average week, and the kids dared to swim both Friday and Saturday afternoon (although Hewitt didn't swim--too cold for him). The kids had a great time together.


It's become somewhat of a tradition to get a photo with guests jumping off of the wall:
After swimming we got ready for the annual Harvest Party at our church. We tend to have some last minute costume changes... Tosh decided to be a pirate:
Liv did better wearing this cute bee costume than I thought she would--you never know what a two-year-old will do (I was losing my light in this photo):
6 comments:
Sorry about Liv's lip! (That's about where Bud's scar is, only on the other side) I'm glad she bounced back fairly quickly. Love the costumes and the picture of Tosh picking his nose with the sword. Funny.
Be sure to sanitize that sword before passing on the pirate costume! ;) Love to see that one and the bee, though. Super cute.
Good luck with the getting-stitches-out process.
Love the picture of you and Heather, I had that same hair style. How fun that they came to visit. It is never a dull moment for you guys. I hope Liv's lip is doing better.
agreed...classic pic of you and Heather! And love the last one of Tosh! Candid pics are the best!
We had so much fun. Thanks for letting us stay with you. We miss you guys & the warm air. I've been freezing ever since I got back.
Love the 90's picture. At least I was skinny back then. We'll have to take a picture next time we are together.
That last picture of Tosh is great. He made the perfect little pirate.
Love you guys!
Tamsen! I love the oldie picture of you with your roommate! So fun! The hair and lipstick are rad! I love visiting your blog. Your kids are so darling and you journal so well. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment