Sunday, April 3, 2011

baby

While we were cleaning up after dinner tonight, we looked over to find Liv doing this:
I had a baby doll just like this when I was Liv's age that I absolutely adored (I eventually wore through several of them). I just loved seeing Liv care for her baby tonight. I don't think I'm alone in observing that most people enjoy seeing themselves in their children. At least when it's our good qualities :)


My brother wrote me an e-mail this week to tell me that he ran into an old friend of mine. He wrote the following:

"I told her that you were now in Phoenix and that you had 3 boys and "finally" got your girl. A girl who has all the personality and fire as her Mom... They laughed."

This statement from my brother was somewhat funny to me. I guess I don't think of myself as having much "fire," but I'll take it as a compliment. For Liv too :).

I caught Liv using a baby spoon to drink out of our toilet earlier this week (!). For the record, she must get this from Rob because his older sister tells me that she caught Rob doing this when he was little (only he used the little porcelain cups that cover the toilet's anchor bolts as a cup).

Simply precious.

5 comments:

The Laundry Queen said...

Actually, it was Sue that used to do it-- definitely our side of the family, though.

Tamsen said...

Well, JA claims it was Rob too, but either way :) The thought of drinking from those covers grosses me out more than straight from the toilet for sure!

Heather Ashby said...

So sweet. Having girls is so different than boys! I'm loving getting to experience all the boy stuff as much as you are getting to experience all the girl stuff.

Tom and Maryana said...

Liv loving her baby doll takes us back in time.

Tom and Maryana said...

And yes you were, at times, full of fire! :-)