Sunday, March 27, 2011

spring break = perfect weather

We had a pretty relaxed week. I felt crummy at the beginning of the week (sinus infection) so I don't think we even left the house until Wednesday. We visited the library a couple of times, went to the park just about every day, ran a few errands, and mostly just played and hung out around the house. I didn't take any photos with my regular camera, although I got quite a few snapshots with my phone.

The grass at the park felt so nice on our feet:

Liv did not like lying down on the grass though (I love this photo):


Saturday was really busy (cleaning the church, rehearsals, soccer game, etc.). We attended a fun 1st birthday party for the daughter of some good friends. My friend that ties balloons was there as well making animals and other things for all of the kids. Tosh popped two swords from hitting the grass even though we warned him what would happen...
I thought this guy that Hewitt toted around was hilarious! He reminded me of one of the old men sitting in the balcony on "The Muppet Show."
Liv's first time in a bounce house:

Our new backboard came in and some guys came over to help Rob put it up last night. Burke took the very first shot at the new hoop (it went in). The kids (and Rob) were so excited to finally shoot baskets and did it for over an hour until it was too dark.



I made strawberry jam for the first time this weekend. I didn't realize how easy it was to make or I would have already done it by now! It's one of Rob's very favorite things so it was fun for me to fill up a good portion of our outside freezer with it. I don't think I've posted about the fact that we bought a wheat mill back in December and that I've been making homemade wheat bread a lot lately [Am I super domestic now, or what? :) ha!]. The combination of homemade wheat bread with a little bit of jam is pretty hard to beat. YUMMY!

(I tried curling Liv's hair with the flat iron and concluded that her hair still looks just too stringy down. Maybe in a few months...)



When I got on here to load photos today, I noticed some of our family shots from February. It made me miss Tosh's long hair. Boy, he looks so much older now!
Here are a couple other funny/cute ones that I haven't posted:
We've had a nice spring break. The boys go back to school on Tuesday. Have a great week!

4 comments:

The Laundry Queen said...

Okay, Big officially wants to move in with you guys now. The basketball court clinched it. I love the photo of the kids on the grass-- you should frame it.

John R said...

I take it the basket is adjustable? That looks like a great setup and some great weather to match. Love the plaid shirts :)! Wonderful job on the blog, keep it up!

Tamsen said...

Yes, the hoop goes down to about seven feet and is very easy to adjust. The boys shot hoops tonight while Liv had the trampoline all to herself. Perfect for everyone.

janeannechovy said...

Yeah, my kids were pretty excited to see the hoop, too. They've started asking when we can come again, and thinking that maybe we *should* come in the summer, so we can swim more. Not a half-bad idea, really. :) And I totally agree with LQ about the grass picture. Classic.