Monday, November 15, 2010

finally fall

Autumn has found its way to Phoenix (yup, mid-November). I'll highlight a little fall activity around here:

I pulled out our costume box for the first time since last October and Tosh and Hewitt had a blast trying on various costumes and acting out characters.



(I laugh at this one...Hewitt trying to get Tosh to smile at the camera)

We're needing to wear sweaters and sweatshirts in the mornings and evenings now:


(Liv rarely looks at the camera so I just had to post these photos of her eyes.)


Liv is so snuggly in her fuzzy jammies. She has some awesome bedhead in the mornings (with help from pigtails the day before):

(She's had a bit of a runny nose and chapped cheeks this week, but no fever. Could be teeth or change in temperature.)

The kids were out of school for Veteran's Day and Burke was so happy to eat his favorite lunch: Campbell's Chicken Noodle soup. I should really buy a Thermos so he can have it at school (he's gotten so picky).
Rob spent much of the weekend (Saturday and Sunday) in various church meetings, so it was mostly me and kids hanging out. It is so nice to be able to enjoy taking walks and going to the park again. Burke scored two goals in his soccer game (new record!), and Hewitt scored the only goal on his team. It's the perfect weather for playing sports outside.

I am trying to get my laundry room cabinets reorganized before my parents arrive this next weekend (hooray!), and I'm also rededicating myself to finishing my Christmas stockings...I'm hoping to finish at least the kids' stockings by the end of the month so they can hang by the chimney with care.

We are getting very excited for Thanksgiving and to see grandparents and cousins next week. The kids are also very excited about Rob's birthday (on Thanksgiving Day this year). The boys and I had a great discussion about Rob's birthday last night. We were brainstorming some ideas and Hewitt and Tosh offered some very sincere and wonderful suggestions such as buying him a new car and inviting Hewitt's kindergarten friends to a party for him. Hewitt had a very specific idea in mind and explained, "Let's buy a toy guy at the store that looks just like Dad, only he can be wearing a Blazer's basketball jersey with a teeny-tiny orange basketball and we can put that on top of his cake!"

The boys were so excited to talk to some of their friends (Zac, Abbi and Carter) via Skype yesterday. As soon as the call was over they rushed to make letters for them. I loved Hewitt's letter to Abbi. A four-page book:

Page 1: Abbi, DO YOU like me?

Page 2: Say yes!

Page 3: Its nice!

Page 4: Thank you.

Burke wrote a poem last night and then sat down at the computer and typed it and printed it out. He mentioned that he wants to submit it to a magazine (I forget the name), so I thought I'd share:

Stormy Night

Thunder Wakes me up late tonight,
Thunder makes a boom and gives me a fright.
Lightning lights up the spooky night,
As I sit in bed late tonight.

Tosh starts preschool tomorrow! I had signed him up (the teacher is a woman I know from church) last spring, but I felt he wasn't ready when school started in July. Now that he's potty-trained and ready to go, I called to get him in in January and they said that they had an opening and I could start him right away. The school incorporates gymnastics and karate as well as academics (it's held at a dance studio) and is on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. He's really excited and I expect that he will do great and have a blast.

1 comment:

The Laundry Queen said...

Love the pictures-- you're right, the one where Hewitt is trying to get Tosh to look at the camera is hilarious. Tosh will love preschool. I soo wish I'd signed Big up for something-- he's bored out of his mind.