Here is my dad as a baby. Isn't this the cutest photo?
(Hard to believe he would never allow us to have a pet growing up...)
And this has always been one of my favorite photos:
My Dad; the lone boy in a tap dance group full of cute girls. Isn't he dapper (and skinny)?
And this has always been one of my favorite photos:
Love you Dad!
Other notables from the week:
I gave Tosh a trim that ended up a little shorter than originally planned, but it looked better to me on day two. When it is combed straight after a bath/shower it looks he has the hair of a 50 yr-old lady (no offense). He fell flat on his face during a "trunk or treat" last Saturday night and had a little scab on his nose all week.

Liv found some of my hair elastics and wore them around as bracelets one morning. Here she is admiring her reflection: 
She is starting to walk around in my shoes and is pretty good at it I might add (no photo unfortunately). She still loves shoes in general and these hot pink pair seem to be her favorite.

While we were waiting for the boys' ride to school one morning (I carpool with a neighbor), we heard a VERY loud sound above our house. It sounded as though a huge truck was scooping up some gravel or something. All of a sudden a hot air balloon floated directly above us. The basket was so close we were able to talk to the travelers and greet them hello. I ran inside to get my camera and by the time I came back outside, it was quite a bit higher and across the street. The boys thought this was pretty cool.

Hewitt was able to go on a school field trip to a farm on Thursday. Here he is in his class t-shirt and the pumpkin that he picked out:

Burke has been learning about light in school this week. Just for fun on Friday night he created a way to reflect an object using a box, some plastic wrap, a flashlight and a pair of socks. He explained that, "What it does is make something look like it is there, when it really isn't." It was really pretty cool and kept him busy for an hour or so.
Burke fell down at the end of soccer practice on Wednesday night and hurt his arm. I was at the church for a Young Women activity and Rob told me that Burke wanted to go straight to bed after practice. He woke up once crying during the night and so I gave him some Ibuprofen and told him that we would check it out in the morning. The next day he said that it felt better and it didn't appear to be swollen or anything. We began to notice on Friday that he was still favoring his arm, but he was acting fine and said that it didn't really hurt. He was really hesitant at his soccer game on Saturday (although he scored his team's only goal!) and didn't want to straighten his arm. We decided that we better take him in to an urgent care clinic just to be sure it wasn't broken. I felt bad when the doctor showed us that the arm was indeed swollen (his arms are like pencils so it's hard to tell), and they did an x-ray. It isn't broken thankfully, and we were instructed to ice it a few times a day, elevate it at night, and to make sure he continues to use it so the muscles don't weaken.
Yesterday we made our traditional monthly donut run to Bosa's donuts (yummy), and Rob a I attended ward temple night last night and went out to dinner afterward with some friends.
I made pumpkin bread this afternoon and we took a loaf to a couple that moved in across the street a few months back (better late than never, right?). After I had mixed up the batter (I even tripled the recipe), I realized that I had only 30 or so chocolate chips instead of the three cups I needed. Rob and I raided the Halloween candy and I ended up chopping all of the chocolate bars (Crunch, M&Ms, plain Hershey's and even Snickers) to use in the bread. It actually turned out really yummy (especially the bites of Snickers) and I explained what I had done to the neighbors so they wouldn't be alarmed to come across bits of green and blue from the M&Ms. After delivering the bread, we went on a walk around the neighborhood and discussed what kind of trees we should plant in our front yard to replace the few we've lost. The weather is glorious right now and it was great to be outside and see other neighbors that we've hardly seen all summer.
I made pumpkin bread this afternoon and we took a loaf to a couple that moved in across the street a few months back (better late than never, right?). After I had mixed up the batter (I even tripled the recipe), I realized that I had only 30 or so chocolate chips instead of the three cups I needed. Rob and I raided the Halloween candy and I ended up chopping all of the chocolate bars (Crunch, M&Ms, plain Hershey's and even Snickers) to use in the bread. It actually turned out really yummy (especially the bites of Snickers) and I explained what I had done to the neighbors so they wouldn't be alarmed to come across bits of green and blue from the M&Ms. After delivering the bread, we went on a walk around the neighborhood and discussed what kind of trees we should plant in our front yard to replace the few we've lost. The weather is glorious right now and it was great to be outside and see other neighbors that we've hardly seen all summer.
I can't believe that it is November already. I even wanted a jacket last night when I was outside; love it. My folks will finish their mission and be here in two weeks! We're so excited! Let the holidays begin.
2 comments:
We are excited too. Can't believe that we have been in the GREAT state of Texas for 18 months.
I really like Liv's pink shoes, too. It's just too bad that my child will probably have bigger feet than that at birth. ; )
Post a Comment