Monday, July 26, 2010

back to school

The boys had a great first day of school and even survived the 'first day of school' photos...


I took one pic of Hewitt while he was saying, "It's too bright out here!" and then my camera battery died. Rob dropped the boys off at the school before heading to work. Off Hewitt goes:
I think they both had a great day. It sure was quieter around here. Here is Hewitt just after school (finishing off some leftover crackers from his lunchbox):


One of the things in Burke's backpack was the following that he wrote about himself:

Things I like, or am good at:
Math
Tennis
Drawing
Soccer
School
Swimming
Ping pong
Reading
Dancing
Table tennis
Video games
Running

Things I'm not good at, or don't like:
Heat
Jump roping
Eggs
Sitting around
My brothers hitting

The most interesting thing in Hewitt's backpack was the following list of Class Rules:
In case it's too small for you to read, he lists:

Be Happy
Be Clean at school
Be Smart
Be Graetfel (grateful)
Do not hit

I'm really not sure that these are the actual kindergarten class rules, but at least I'm feeling like our family home evening lessons on the "Be's" are starting to sink in a little...

3 comments:

The Laundry Queen said...

Big will be so excited that he and Burke have the same shirt! Looks like they had a great first day. How was it for YOU?

janeannechovy said...

Awesome. Smiles, rules, everything.

Andi said...

Eggs. I'm not so good at those either. :)

Glad it was a good first week for Burke and Hewitt.