Sunday, July 18, 2010

man, is it hot out.

We are heading into our last week of summer break! We did some "back to school" shopping this weekend. We must have reached a family record because we ran errands to seven different places yesterday with ALL FOUR children (broke into two separate outings). Rob did some work for his boss's boss on Friday and she rewarded Rob by saying, "Take your family out to ice cream on me." I asked Rob if she knew how many kids we have, ha ha. So among our many errands was a trip to Cold Stone for an afternoon treat. Yum.

The kids had fun playing and creating different games this week. Burke and Hewitt have really gotten into dancing lately and love it when I show them little snippets of "breaking" or "hip hop" from "So You Think You Can Dance." Not only is Hewitt dancing around the house pretending he is in the group "Remote Control," but he is always showing us dance performances that his Bionical, Rescue Hero or Lego guys are doing.

Tosh's new catch phrase is "last week." Whenever he is referring to something that happened in the past he will say, "...remember from last week?" or "I want the cup I used last week" or whatever it is. It makes me laugh.

Rob just found out that his song "Longing" has been placed in a show that will be aired on MTV! We aren't quite sure what the show is, and it might be just a snippet, but he'll make some money off of it so that is kind of exciting.

Liv is starting to get more *expressive* when she doesn't get her way. She is saying "uh-oh" all of the time and it reminds us of how the "Teletubbies" would talk. Liv seemed pretty upset when her older brothers got new shoes yesterday and she did not. She LOVES shoes. We tried to get her foot fitted at Nordstrom yesterday (one of the many errands) and they didn't have a walking shoe in her size! Her feet are so tiny. We will have to order something because she is cruising around all over the place. Today in nursery (I was in there to help Rob for both hours today. It was just us with 12 kids) she kept climbing up on the table and stealing crayons from all of the two and three-year-olds that were trying to color. I called her by her first AND last name for the first time this week. Silly girl.

Rob and I got a babysitter and went out on Friday night (temple and dinner). I am wondering when I will learn that eating late makes me feel very sick. I guess I'm too old to do that anymore. Rob and I did a musical number today in Sacrament meeting...I am wondering when I will be old enough to stop feeling nervous before singing in public (ha!).

I didn't take many photos this week, but here are a few.
The boys in a rousing game of Candy Land:


Livvy at the piano:

Hewitt reading to Rob:
Hewitt and Burke playing "Knight and King" which was awesome because they were so good at looking out for each other and working as a team fighting for good:

And one of me that Rob took. I just got my hair colored this week. Can you tell?



Here are a few funny videos (at least I think so) of our kids dancing:





4 comments:

The Laundry Queen said...

It's funny, because with Big everything is 'yesterday', no matter how long ago it was. The dancing videos look an awful lot like things around here. My kids danced all day yesterday and today. Guess I'd better get cracking on taping it.

Tell Rob a super big congrats from us on his song placement. It's a great song!

patti's place said...

They look like some mighty cute wanna-be break dancers. Amen to the Laundry Queen.

janeannechovy said...

Yay Rob!

And clearly your boys aspire to b-boy-dom. More gymnastics to build upper-body strength!

Sue said...

I love your hair, it looks great! And those videos are awesome! Was there music playing or were they dancing to the beat of their own drum? :)