Tuesday, September 8, 2009

"Shift"

When Aunt JaneAnne and her family were visiting over 4th of July weekend, her son introduced an online computer game called, "Shift" to our boys. Burke has since played it a couple of times while Hewitt (trusty side-kick) watches on.

Imagine my reaction when I was finishing up mopping the kitchen last week and glanced up to find this on our fridge (in magnets):





When I asked Hewitt about what he had "spelled" he said, "It's that game. Shift."


On Sunday just before church he proudly handed this to Rob and me:



(This is an illustration of the game as well).


When we told Hewitt that he forgot the "f" he got kind of upset and yelled, "I just want S.H.I.T.!" We had a hard time concealing our laughter. Hmmm, maybe that was what kicked off a rough Sunday (read last post).

6 comments:

The Laundry Queen said...

Har.

janeannechovy said...

Oh my. To the extent that this is my child's fault, I apologize from the bottom of my heart. Now I've got to go wipe my eyes so I can see the screen better. Thanks for the biggest laugh I've had all day.

Angie said...

That is funny. I got a good laugh out of that one. Abbi wanted me to explain why I'm laughing but I don't really know how to explain it to her.

Sue said...

Wow Zach and I were laughing quite hard, that is seriously awesome. I'm impressed you thought to snap a picture of each incident. Nice work. Hewitt will appreciate that later in life.

Sara and Company said...

I started laughing the second I opened the blog! That is hilarious! Sorry about the "fun" sunday. Just makes me ponder on I want another baby because?..... And then I see sweet Liv and the kids playing with her and it's all worth it. Right? RIGHT?! I can't believe you can keep up with these blogs with all of your happenings. I sure can't!

The Grant Family said...

Oh my gosh....I'm still laughing!!! Are you sure he didn't learn that word from his mother? I hear she swears when in labor ;)