Wednesday, February 27, 2013

my little valentines


This was the first year that all four kids took Valentines to school to give to friends.  It was interesting that they each knew what they wanted to do.  Burke-candy only.  Hewitt-homemade cards with a Hersey's kiss. Tosh and Liv- store bought cards (Avengers and Cinderella) with a Dumdum sucker.  They actually shared boxes so Tosh could give the girls in his class Cinderella Valentines.

I have never been able to get Liv to wear a headband in her hair and finally got her to do it by selling it as a "Valentine gift" :).  She looked so sweet going off to preschool.
 I had to laugh out loud when I saw her after school!  Maybe she isn't quite ready for a headband?

She thought it was so fun to look at all of the cards and get all of the candy.  She is funny with candy, because she will have a few licks then throw it away and go to the next thing.


 I thought it would be fun to go to Intel to have lunch with Rob on Valentines Day.  I thought that Liv would be thrilled to see where her Daddy works (we've never been there!).  We got checked in with our visitor badges and had lunch in the "Bon Appetite Cafe" together.  We had yummy (any way you want it) pizza and shared a huge cupcake.
 We then went to see Rob's desk and Liv got TONS of attention from several of Rob's co-workers.

For some reason, Tosh has been on a kick about wanting to change his name.  A few weeks ago he wanted to change his name to Jacob, and lately he wants us to call him Tosho.  He even wrote Tosho on all of his Valentine cards...

Tosh came home from school with a bag of Valentine cards and three special "Fire Grams" from some cute little girls (these were sold for 25cents each and came with candy attached).
 I found Hewitt's Valentine bag a few days after Valentine's Day.  It made me laugh out loud:

Hewitt asked me for a journal/diary that he could have.  I have a cool Traveler's journal (got it before my DOD tour) that I've never used so I gave it to him.  I've always been a fan of Hewitt's writing--I think he was tying to write like the "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" style here.  Makes me laugh.






 I noticed this in the kitchen last week...ummm, Liv?

Hewitt reads NON STOP!  I told his teacher that he probably spends two to three hours reading every day and she told me that it's probably more than that because he usually reads all through recess (and on the bus and all through every meal if we let him...).  It was cute the other night after showers that Burke sat down next to Hewitt and they read a book together (it was one Burke had never read):
Burke and Hewitt are getting braces!  They both have a cross bite (opposite sides) and need some space created for their adult teeth.  They've been to see the orthodontist a couple of times and will have the braces on in March.  The elastics they have in haven't seemed to bother them at all.  Hopefully this whole thing won't be too painful and horrible.   I wanted to get some "before" shots before I forget:



The boys have really gotten into roller blades lately.  Tosh wasn't interested last year, but is really getting good!  Love the 'tongue out' concentration:


Three cuties:

2 comments:

The Laundry Queen said...

The headband pictures crack me up. So cute.

janeannechovy said...

Seriously, Liv totally looks drunk, with the messy hair and headband, sucker in the mouth, and shiny eyes. Hilarious!