Sunday, November 11, 2012

Gratitude Days 1-11

I thought it would be a good thing to name something that I am grateful for every day this month leading up to Thanksgiving.  October was a challenging month for me emotionally, and I honestly think that counting my blessings has helped me to feel more peace and gratitude in my life.  These are in no particular order, just what came to mind as things I treasure and appreciate in my life.  

I am posting these daily on Instagram.  Here is what I have posted from November 1 thru today:

Day 1:  So thankful for my children--joys of my life.  And hallelujah that the boys are all finally back in school today!

Day 2: Laughter.  I just asked Liv to sit on the ottoman so I could do her hair and she said, "What watermelon?"

Day 3: My girlfriends, near and far.  How would I have made it through the last year without such good friends? Enjoying some girl "time out" this weekend in downtown PX.

Day 4: Pizza (probably my favorite food along with a great salad)! A slice of pesto chicken pizza taken yesterday at Brick (in PX). De-lish!

Day 5: Thankful to be a stay at home mom.  It certainly isn't always easy or glamorous, but it's exactly what I want to be doing.  Today I got to volunteer in Tosh's class and now I'm hanging out with my favorite girl.  I'm very fortunate (isn't this the cutest apron? Thanks BC.)

Day 6: A loving family and happy childhood.  Happy 77th b-day to my dear ol' dad!  My dad and siblings were all together on Sunday for my nephew's Eagle Court.  (Somehow I missed the 'scouting' gene and got 'can sing on key' instead).  I love these people!!!

Day 7: Good health.  Cooling my feet off in the pool after a 5.6 mi run outside (and hooray for weather in the 70's!).

Day 8: The opportunity to serve a mission (and how it has shaped my life).  I just came across my mission letters while cleaning up my laundry room, and cried my eyes out while I read.  So thankful for the wonderful AND difficult experiences-- I love the gospel of Jesus Christ!

Day 9: Crisp Fall mornings (even if you only need the sweatshirt for an hour or so).

Day 10: Hand-me-downs!  I am so thankful for the clothes our kids receive from their cousins.  This is an out-going pile moving from Tosh on to his younger cousins :)

Day 11: My many freedoms and all those who have defended them.  This photo was taken at my favorite uncle's graveside; he always claimed that his father's prayers kept him alive in the battle at Iwo Jima.  May we never forget our great heritage!

2 comments:

The Laundry Queen said...

I really love all of these. I know how much doing Friday Favorites has really helped me. Good things really are all around us, even in the hard times. xo

janeannechovy said...

Super awesome. You should set your Instagram to post to Facebook so I can see these in real time (since I don't do Instagram). Almost have another box of handmedowns ready to come your way!