Monday, November 26, 2012

Gratitude Days 12-22 (cont.)

Day 12: This great stage of life.  The kids are fairly independent (no diapers, everyone sleeps well).  It's that sweet spot before the teen years (or so I'm told).  We had a fun morning playing at the park.. I'm thankful my kids love and like each other, and get along so well most of the time. 

Day 13: My wonderful mom (truly something I feel grateful for every day)!  Liv and I were just reading a book about Fall and she said, "Leaves die and people die.  Your mom died."  When I said, "Yes, I miss her," Liv said, "Me too."  There aren't enough words to describe my love and gratitude for this sweet woman.  Miss and love you, Mama. 

Day 14: Home sweet home.  I know that I complain on occasion about spending much of my time straightening up and cleaning, but I am so thankful for a warm and safe place to create family memories.  I am also enjoying our (recently) updated kitchen--the heart of our home. 

Day 15: Music--it's been a big part of my life.  Had so much fun staying up late recording with Rob last night (new duet is getting SO CLOSE!) :)

Day 16: A good education (and I honestly feel that my kids are getting a great education!).  I am thankful my kids have a love for learning and spend much of their free time reading, drawing, looking at maps, etc. 

Day 17:  Alone time.  I was able to attend a baptism by myself, go for a long run, and clean the bathrooms in a silent house today... Pretty much a "me party" you could say.  I appreciate the much needed time alone with my thoughts.

Day 18: Cousins!

Day 19: The opportunity to work with kids, whether it be teaching at church or helping out at the school.  Loved spending my morning painting small hands :)

Day 20:  Awesome in-laws (and I include those not pictured here)!  I love being a 'sister' in a great family.  Had to capture our matchy-match nautical look today.

Day 21:  Rob!  I am so fortunate to be married to such a great man and father.  Everything is better with Rob by my side.  Thanks for making my dreams come true and for bringing out the best in me, babe.
 
Day 22:  A glorious Thanksgiving feast!  Thankful to reflect on countless blessings!  It's truly a wonderful life--thanks for being part of it :)