Liv makes me want to pull my hair out at least once a day. I mean, I adore her to no end and she is a cutie pie and all that, but that girl is like a tornado. I asked Burke to watch her while I showered and got ready for church today, and at one point the boys called up to me, "Mom, Liv made a peanut butter sandwich all on her own and is eating it in the family room." Not sure if I ever mentioned this, but a couple of months ago Rob and I woke up in the middle of the night to noise in our kitchen--way freaky! I told Rob to go check it out and it was Liv up getting herself a drink from the fridge. None of our boys would ever do this! They would call from their beds for one of us to come and help them. It is somewhat frustrating that Liv is so independent, yet I kind of like her, 'I'm thirsty and I'm going to help myself' kind of attitude.
I noticed this on the back of one of our magazines this week (Hewitt's handwriting). Thought it was so sweet:
I've been trying to work on my family tree as much I can this week, although I have been totally exhausted by the time the kids go to bed, so I'm not moving as quickly as I had hoped. This is random, but I noticed in the shower this week that the font I am using for the family names matches the font on my BED HEAD brand shampoo and conditioner ("Moisture Maniac" and "Self-Absorbed"). Look familiar to any other BED HEAD users?
Here is a close up on Rob's grandma Ruby's leaf:
Other highlights (or 'low' lights as the case may be) of the week include:
*Going to the summer movie, "Rio" (I even sprang for an x-large popcorn to share-- that's a first).
*We babysat for some friends one morning (my friend Alecia was at girls' camp). Bella did Liv's hair and (play) make-up which Liv loved, of course. You can't really see the sweet pink eyeshadow so you'll have to take my word that it's there:
*All four kids had cleanings at the dentist.
*Our May birthday kids (that would be three children) had well check-ups at the doctor. Burke's BMI is in the 3% (most interesting stat to share)...
*My temporary crown fell off (big groan), so I had to drive the 30 min. up to Mesa (again) to have it glued on. I'm really hoping the permanent one gets here before we leave for Utah on Wednesday.
*Got some cute video footage of the kids dancing in the play room one night after dinner (a common activity). I love some of Tosh's moves! So funny (well, at least I know Rob will enjoy watching):
ONLY TWO MORE DAYS AND NIGHTS UNTIL ROB IS HOME!!! Not that I'm counting or anything.




5 comments:
I know what you mean about wanting to pull your hair out-- with Big in my life, it's a good thing my hair is too short to get a good grip. Cute note Hewitt wrote, and I love the fabrics you're using for your family tree. I really need to start doing a project-- I love the feeling of accomplishing something like that. So, so glad that Rob is almost home. See you soon!
love the videos. family tree looks great. See you 'tomorrow'. Love you!
Tosh was killing it with those dance moves. Kate is my tornado. It can be so frustrating but there is something so endearing about it too.
Love that independence! I've got one of those, too (though thankfully a bit less busy than Liv). Can't wait to see you guys!
I hope you survived! And I smiled that Liv is giving you a run for your money... this last year with Trey being the 3's has been so much harder than the 2's. Good luck!
Loved your post about your dad. Your love for your mom and dad oozes out of you. It is wonderful that he can have someone to share life with right now. It can sure be lonely to live alone. Lots of love!
Post a Comment