This is a photo from Christmas 1977. What I love about it is how cute my Dad is smiling at me with my new baby doll (that I absolutely loved!):
This isn't very good quality, but this is my baptism day in 1983:
Daddy/Daughter activity in 1987 (we "shaved" our dad's with whipped cream). Such a good sport:
My Dad and me just a couple of weeks ago on my 37th birthday!
I am extra grateful for my dad this year. We've been through quite a bit, and I feel closer to him than I ever have. I love you, DAD!!!
Also, Happy Father's Day to my awesome husband and father-in-law, Rog. We are saving that Symphony Bar for you, Rog :).
Now for the update...
Liv has taken swimming lessons for the last two weeks. We found a way to protect the tubes in her ears-- this adorable hot pink swimming cap!
She doesn't like putting it on, but once we get it on she usually forgets about it. I love this next photo of her talking to her friend, Seven. The kids were all lined up on the wall to do "Humpty Dumpty" when the teacher pulls them into the water and they have to turn around, find the wall, and climb out. Liv improved so much over the course of two weeks. She LOVES going under the water now!
Another new 'love' of Liv's are these red cowboy boots (thanks for the awesome hand-me-downs, cousins!). They are too big, but that doesn't stop her.
Can you tell that Liv picked this entire outfit all on her own?
Last weekend, our good friends, the Haynie's, came to town for a visit. Here is a photo of Abbi, Burke and Zac making homemade ice cream. It was delicious!
Tosh and Carter:
We spent a lot of time swimming! Gavin LOVED the water and would float around for hours:
My kids were excited to try out their cool pool toys:
We went bowling one day. Our family hasn't gone bowling since Burke was two (and Hewitt was a tiny baby!). Liv looked so cute in her (too big) bowling shoes!
The kids all ready to get started!
Tosh celebrating!
Rob helping Liv a bit:
Rob and the kids dancing to the music:
I love this shot of Hewitt bowling. He was very entertaining to watch:
The kids (minus Liv who wouldn't come out from behind a chair) just before the Haynies headed home for Utah:
Zac and Burke. Still best buds:
Tosh and Carter:
Gavin joined Liv (still behind the chair) for a photo:
Abbi and Hewitt (I LOVE this photo! Favorite shot of the week):
I got a pretty bad cold this week (now has moved into my chest and I am coughing). I've been feeling a little "old" this month as I had to have my first ever crown on one of my teeth (and still have another one to do on the other side of my mouth) . I've also discovered that I am lactose intolerant. I try not to eat a lot of ice cream anyway... I feel a little off of my normal exercise routine with school out, and with my body not feeling very normal all month (throbbing mouth, sinus problems, sore throat, stomach aches, etc.).
Rob left for China on Friday and will be gone for ten days. I have created a very detailed schedule for the kids and me, and am excited to get to it tomorrow. We are having my friend Brooke and her daughter over for dinner tonight (her husband and boys are out of town). I thought it would be fun and something interesting for the kids since neither of us have our husbands here on Father's Day.
On Thursday, I had allowed the kids to play the wii for a bit while I made dinner (and got the house and everything ready to host a bunco party that evening). Rob came home from work and said to the kids, "OK guys, time's up on the Wii. Turn it off and come outside to swim." Hewitt laughed from upstairs and said, "Ha! 'Turn off the wii and come outside to swim.' I love living!" Rob and I got such a kick out of that "I love living" statement. This was the first week of summer when the older boys have gotten to hang out and "veg" a bit. The first week of summer both Burke and Hewitt attended "Camp Invention" at their school which was an all day science-type camp where they did all sorts of creative projects and experiments. Total bonus that the camp was completely free to me (including breakfast and lunch!) and the kids had a lot of fun.
Yesterday, we went swimming and Liv was finished and asking to get dressed before the boys were done. I got her dressed and set her up to do some coloring while I stayed out with the boys. After a while when I went to check on her, I couldn't find her anywhere. I had the radio playing (loudly) on the intercom system and finally turned the music off and was yelling her name and checking in the garages, etc. I FINALLY checked behind the closed door of the guest/project room (I had closed it earlier and had asked Liv to stay out of there). I found Liv sound asleep in the porta crib that was still up from Gavin sleeping there. She must have been very tired (love that she threw the pillows in)!
Not sure if I've mentioned that Rob has moved all of his music stuff (including drums) to our play room. We have two couches in there as well, and it really is a better place for him to work on music and still has plenty of room for the kids' toys. The good news is that with Rob's stuff out, it gives me a place to work on sewing projects without having to put everything away constantly. It's been a month since I've worked on my Family Tree! I put it out on our guest bed last night and got all of the fabric pieces ironed into place. Next step is transferring all of the names. I hope to do that tonight, and then I can get stitching around each leaf and on each name. I'd love to make a lot of headway on this while Rob is in China.
This will sound super cheesy to some of you, but I used the "Wonder-Under" transfer paper to stick the fabric onto the canvas, and I spent extra time making sure my mom's leaf was sealed on snug next to mine. Some good friends of mine lost their father to brain cancer this week (Craig Pace, our former Bishop in Fort Collins) . It made me realize how much better I am doing emotionally than I was just a few months ago. I listened to my mom's memorial service while I cleaned up my laundry room on Friday night. I still miss her like crazy, but I'm so thankful that I'm feeling much happier on the inside.
Here's to a good and productive week. We miss and love you, Rob! Hope they find your luggage (there may be a surprise or two in there).























4 comments:
I love that you and your dad have matching jammies in the first shot. Big would die for a pair like his. Such cute shots of all of the kids. Sorry you're lactose intolerant-- maybe we should have a party when you get here to welcome you to the club. Like a going to the spa party.... ; )
I love your posts. The picture of Hewitt and Abbi is adorable. I hope you feel better soon and survive Rob being gone for so long.
That Liv is such a cutie! I love the pink swim cap and the red boots. Hope that your chest cold is doing better, especially with Rob out of town. Love your blog updates! Miss you, dear friend@
I'm in for a Ladies-with-Lactose-Intolerance spa getaway!
Love all these pictures. And we have a few more clothes for you when we see you--including the other half of those cute Hanna Short Johns you may have seen in there. :)
Post a Comment