We've spent much of the week out in the yard; lots of planting, dirt moving, garden box building, drip line fixing, etc. We actually had 10 tons of granite delivered to our house this afternoon and so we'll be covering up all of the dirt and finishing things up this week.

I like this shot of the boys that I caught as they both jumped on their shovels at the same time:

My Dad was just here for a visit (arrived on Thursday, left this morning). He helped us with some projects and was able to enjoy reading and sitting outside in the sun (and played catch with Liv one morning, as captured below):

I got a few fun mid-air shots of Hewitt doing flips:



And a short video:
Rob and I both spoke in church this week. The topic was "Repentance and Forgiveness." Rob told me to take all the time I wanted and that he only needed five minutes, and that is seriously about what I left him...woops. It was nice a nice thing to focus my thoughts on, and I thought it went fine. We have moved around so much that this was the first time I've ever spoken a second time in any ward we've lived in.
My friend Char sent me some beautiful spring flowers on Saturday. I almost didn't answer the door (delivery lady) because I was just getting off of the treadmill, but was so glad I did. Char lost her dad several years ago (he had liver disease similar to my mom).

I've really been missing my mom a lot and have cried a lot over the past several days. I'm sure this will continue to be an up and down thing for me emotionally, but it really stinks that she is gone. I think the reality of it all is setting in... So, I'm posting a few photos that I don't think I have posted. Two from this summer when she was here, and one from several years back of her reading to the boys in Riverton:



(Doesn't Hewitt look so little! I think Tosh was barely walking.)
It is spring break for the kids (two weeks off). Our 'big' plans are to do more yard work, get a garden planted, and then hopefully I can do some fun things with the kids while Rob is out of town for work next week.
Gotta run--the younger kids think it is warm enough to swim (ha!) and just took off outside in their suits.
2 comments:
The house and yard are looking great, Tams! Our kids have been begging to visit you guys again-- I think if we do they won't want to leave! A dream backyard for sure. Still thinking of you and sending good vibes your way. xo
Love that video of Hewitt!! Adorable. I'm shivering at the thought of a March swim, but I'm also thinking my kids would love a visit to the Peterson resort one of these days, too. Can hardly wait to see you all this summer! Lots of love and hugs from all of us.
Post a Comment