Tosh before:
To rewind a bit and wrap up Spring Break, we met up with some friends and had a great time at the zoo last week. We went on one of the last cool days of the season:
(did you see the cute baby bobcat sleeping in the rock?)
The kids climbing around and being, well, kids:


We also went to a few different parks, the library, and (my personal favorite) rented the new Muppet movie--loved it! We certainly stayed busy with Rob out of town. I also finally got around to reading the three "Hunger Games" books.
This is why I don't buy school pictures. They took these after lunch when Burke was all hot and sweaty from playing soccer. I asked if he had purposely messed up his hair and he smiled and said, "Possibly." Ha! We laughed about how it totally looks like a mug shot with the number and name at the bottom. Right?
Although I must say that I totally regret not buying Burke's first grade photo:
So cute! I love it (gosh, he seems old now--and getting tall!). Thankfully we have a couple of mini pics and a Christmas ornament he made in class with this photo on it.
The kids climbing around and being, well, kids:
We also went to a few different parks, the library, and (my personal favorite) rented the new Muppet movie--loved it! We certainly stayed busy with Rob out of town. I also finally got around to reading the three "Hunger Games" books.
On Saturday we biked from our house to Tumbleweed park (about 4 miles from here) and had dinner there with some friends. Tosh went about half way on his scooter until we insisted that he climb in the bike trailer to speed things up a bit. We had a great time and are enjoying the perfect outdoor weather right now.
This next thing is totally random, but I had a funny conversation with Burke this weekend when I found his "proof" photo from third grade:
Although I must say that I totally regret not buying Burke's first grade photo:
Well, to get back to this week again, Hewitt did our Family Home Evening lesson all on his own. He made several footprints (took one of my shoes to make an outline) to show things we can do to "Come Unto Christ" and colored pictures that he pasted on them. He did a great job.

Liv is usually exhausted and asking to go to bed by about 7pm. She was totally *done* by the end of Hewitt's lesson on Monday and went up and got her jammies for us to put on her. She stripped down and was whining for us to put on her pajamas and take her to bed "right now." I couldn't resist taking a photo of her while the rest of us were singing our closing song, in the buff, covering her ears! What a little turkey she can be. :)
She has discovered salad, and I caught her coming back for seconds after dinner last night. She helped herself as you can see. How 'bout some salad with that dressing, Livvy?:
This afternoon as I was working on this blog (cough, cough), she got into my things in the bathroom and dropped some nail polish that shattered all over the floor. Just thankful it was tile. Love my busy little girl.
3 comments:
I'm so sad you didn't buy a copy of Burke's 3rd grade picture! So funny. Needs to be a part of the picture montage at his wedding reception, for sure. Nice photography on the naked picture of Liv with the strategically placed bannister. Miss you guys!
I cannot stop laughing about that picture of Burke. I can't believe the school took pictures after recess and such. Thanks for the laugh- I needed it. Glad you survived spring break. Wish we could have visited again during it.
Those pictures are awesome. What kind of salad dressing is that, green goddess?
Post a Comment