So I thought I'd give a little update on the family and our recent doings. We're actually in the middle of a few home projects right now, one of which is our yard. The backyard is getting awfully close to being done. We bought several more plants this weekend (here we are fitting in a load of trees with the kids--It was a jungle!) and we should be ready to get gravel by next weekend maybe? This month for sure.

We planted a few different trees yesterday and then stopped to finish up Burke's car and go to the Pinewood Derby. I must say how pleased I am that Burke is such a great sport. His reaction after each heat is exactly the same whether he comes in first, second, or third place. Cousin Bob joined us to cheer Burke on and he ended up coming in 8th place. He didn't advance to the finals (stake level) like last year, but that was just fine with us and allowed us to get home to more yard work which Burke had fun helping with. He is really a great kid and growing up all the time. Maybe soon he will let me video him playing "The Throne Room" from Star Wars on the piano (he's getting really good!) Here are some derby pics:



I took this one this morning of the boys creating some story together before church (Tosh left before the photo). I want to note that Burke has taught Tosh how to play Monopoly Deal and those two have been playing it together a lot which is such a great thing! Burke likes someone to play with and Tosh is easy going and catches on quickly. This photo of Burke and Hewitt reminded me that I haven't said anything about our kitchen...

Rob had the kitchen cabinets refinished while I was in Utah. This was the photo from his iphone that he sent to show me. It looks really good, but we still need to get a couple of things finished up (pulls for the drawers put on and the rock facade done around the island--to match the rock around our fireplace). We picked the blue paint when we first moved in with white cabinets in mind and I really think it looks fantastic. Thanks, Rob!

Hewitt lost both front teeth while I was in Utah. He looks super cute, and has a slight lisp.

So another photo I stole off of Rob's phone is this one taken at my parents' house in Utah. The cousins spent lots of time timing how long they could hold onto this weight-bearing pole in the basement. Hewitt held the record for a couple of days with a time of 4:54. YOU try it, it's tough and nearly impossible for adults. Go Hewitt!

p.s. Rob just said something to me the other night like, "Did you know that Hewitt is learning violin in music class at school?" Um, no. We really need to get him started on piano. He can do a standing front flip on the trampoline and land on his feet (every time). I really should get that kid back into a tumbling class (although he really WANTS to do tennis more than anything right now). I'm still just trying to get a handle on homework and the other basics for the kids. All in good time, right?
So the only photo I could really find of Tosh taken in the last couple of weeks is this self-photo (?) taken on my phone. I just registered Tosh for kindergarten. He should be tested for the gifted program this month. No pressure or anything (seriously trying to avoid the boys talking about it much), but we're hoping he gets into Burke and Hewitt's school... He really wants to go there, so let's hope it works out.

Tosh is going though a kind of mischievous stage...he likes to stir thing up a bit. He has suddenly gotten picky with food. This MUST be an age thing, because my other two did the same thing and are now back to eating well. Tosh does just about EVERYTHING with a laugh and a smile, so thank goodness for such a happy kid. Tosh and Liv play quite well together and we've been spending tons and tons of time reading books and playing outdoors this week.
While the three boys were in school on Friday, Rob texted me and asked if Liv and I could meet him for lunch (so fun)! Liv was all dressed up with no place to go, so she was so excited to meet her Daddy and explore the Home Depot with me on the way (here she is looking at retaining rock for a garden).

Liv is very particular with what she wants to wear (the fancier the better) and wants to wear a dress everyday (I really have to sell her on anything else). I grabbed a few "Fancy Nancy" books from the library this week (first time seeing them as my boys would have never been interested), and she wants me to read them over and over. I'm just realizing (thanks to Rob) that she isn't climbing quite as much, and wants to help with everything we are doing: cooking, planting, unloading dishes, etc. She talks and sings all the time and seems so grown up.


I really think it's time to work on potty training. This might be TMI, but we let run around outside tonight for a while without anything under her dress and she came inside to go potty on the toilet twice! Wish us luck with that one. Would love to have her out of diapers or pull-ups before her birthday.
My Dad is coming down for a visit this next weekend so we are looking forward to that.
4 comments:
Love the update and the pictures are great! The kitchen looks fantastic-- let me know your verdict on white cabinets as I've been leaning that direction (for someday).
So awesome! I love having white cabinets, and every time I picture my dream post-remodel kitchen, they still are. So many cute pictures of the kids! Burke is definitely looking way old. Good luck to Tosh on the tests--we'll probably have to have Cindy Lou tested, too, so she can go to K this fall. Hope she cooperates, because I can't imagine her liking another year of preschool!
Your kitchen looks amazing! What a great thing to come home to.
I agree with Heather! I love how your cabinets turned out! Looks awesome!! And all of your yard projects are turning out great! I have had so many emotions come up as I've read through your posts about your mom. I've found myself crying a lot of tears for you. My heart goes out to you as you begin this next stage. I remember so many random days after my Dad passed away where emotions would take over and the reality of my Dad being gone would just hit me like a ton of bricks and I couldn't help but let the tears fall. Sometimes it would catch me totally off guard. I tear up as I think of you missing your Mom. I know you were so close to her!!! You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers as you continue to grieve.
Post a Comment