I thought I would try to catch up on the last two weeks.
Let's see, the last of the new Lego sets were finished up. The boys worked well putting this together (they were each in charge of their own section):

The Friday before New Year's we went to a little railroad park in Chandler that we've never been to before. The kids always enjoy a new playground, and they had fun walking around the duck pond enjoyed the merry-go-round and train ride, of course. Some photos from my phone:


Liv LOVED the Merry-go-round and afterwards would say, " That ride is awesome!" I think that's the first time I've heard her say 'awesome' and it sounds so cute as you can probably imagine.

We went to the park probably five times over the last week and a half. One day we went to the park in our neighborhood and the boys all rode scooters over (Rob got a new Razor scooter for Christmas) and I walked with Liv while she pushed Bunny in the stroller. When the boys got ahead of us around the corner, Liv yelled out (very loud and clear), "Wait up, boys! I coming!" It was so cute. When we got the park Liv called out, "I here now Daddy!" She is cracking us up all the time.
Here is a random photo from my phone of Hewitt in the glasses (from an FBI set) he got from Burke for Christmas. After he put on the glasses he said, "Do I look more like Burke now? Because I want to." p.s. Hewitt seemed disappointed when he accompanied me to my eye exam and was told that he didn't need glasses when the got a turn at reading the wall chart.

We spent a few days working on potty training with Liv over the break. She is willing to sit on the potty most of the time, but I'm not sure she is really ready. She is starting to wear a pull up some, but I'm not in any real hurry and am not going to stress over this right now.

She has been carrying this "Indiana Jones" bag that my mom make for Burke's Halloween costume (in 2008) as a purse. She puts all sorts of goodies in her "purse" and then distributes her random treasures throughout the house.
Liv's bangs are finally long enough to lie down flat (instead of sticking straight up). I try to comb part of her hair over so the missing hair doesn't look so obvious. I think she is looking more normal...she sure is a blondie.

When we were at a city park on Tuesday, Liv climbed right to the top of this huge rock (One of the young women in our ward was up there and helped her at the end or I would have never let her do this). I couldn't believe how easily she got up there--almost scary. She truly is part monkey! She was so proud of herself and didn't want to get down.

Besides playing outside in the high 70's weather we've been having, we've done some house organizing and yard work. The kids head back to school tomorrow and things will be back to normal for a couple of days.
My mom has had a couple of rough days this week and after much discussion, Rob and I decided that I should fly to Utah on Thursday with Tosh and Liv to spent time with my parents (and hopefully be of some support/help). Our plan is that Rob and the older boys will drive up to get us in a couple of weeks. Liv and Tosh are so excited to fly on an airplane (Tosh is our only child that hasn't been on one, but of course Liv was too little to remember). We would appreciate you keeping our family in your prayers. Thanks and Happy New Year.
6 comments:
Great to hear the updates-- I can't believe how much Liv looks like your mom (to me, anyway). We'd love to have Tosh and Liv over for some play dates while you're here if you need it. xo
Yay! I've been anxiously awaiting another post. :) You're doing a great job of camouflaging Liv's interesting bang situation, and I agree with LQ that she *totally* looks like your mom.
Safe travels and lots of love to you all and to your parents.
Missed you today, but I hope Tosh starts to feel better. Liv's bangs are adorable, she is such a cutie! Have a safe trip, your family will be in my prayers!
I'm so glad u will be able to come spend some time with your mon right now! I will keep your family in my prayers! I'm sorry she is having rough weeks right now. It breaks my heart for all of you!
I thought the close up of Liv looked a lot like you. Thinking of you and your family. What a blessing that you can spend some time with you mom. Praying for you and her.
Oh Tamsen - You and your sweet family are in my heart and my prayers! So glad that you all had such an amazing Christmas together! Thinking of you!
Post a Comment