Saturday, January 28, 2012

time with my mom

Tosh, Liv and I have been in Utah with my folks for the past two weeks. For updates on my mom's health please go here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/maryanadunning.

There is so much that I could write about, but in general I will say that it has been so wonderful to be here and to have the opportunity to help my parents and to serve my mother in any way I am able. I am truly treasuring this time.

I've been going through some of my mom's photos and things and wanted to share just a few favorite old photos of my mom:

This next one was on the boat to (or from?) Hawaii in the early 60's (my mom did a semester at the University of Hawaii with some of her girlfriends):
I love this one from 1976:





I haven't taken many photos since I got here but here are a few. Tosh and Liv playing with toys in my parents' basement:


Don't you love this sweet Sesame Street house that I played with as a kid?


Tosh and Liv were so excited to see and play in the snow a week ago! They even got a chance at helping to build a snowman.


This next one was while we were out for a walk in my parents' neighborhood a few days ago. (Liv wasn't willing to join us in the photo):




I should have Rob write a post about the doings in Arizona, including getting our kitchen cabinets painted and Hewitt losing a front tooth! Those boys are staying very busy and sounds like they are doing well and having a lot of fun too (dinner with friends, staying up late to watch Rob play church ball, etc.).


I realize there is a lot I am leaving out, but don't have the time (or energy) to write it all down. Thanks for all of the notes and texts; we appreciate the support and prayers. I know that our family is being blessed right now for sure.

4 comments:

The Laundry Queen said...

Those photos are awesome, Tamsen. A boat to Hawaii? Cool. And your dad in that photo from 1976? So totally fantastic. Wow. We're so glad you're able to be here to spend time with your folks, Tams. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to remember how much you're loved! You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love ya....Tanya (and Garrett)

janeannechovy said...

The curly hair on your mom as a toddler = so Tosh! And your/Liv's ears, for sure. That brown leisure suit (plus the transitions lenses) on your dad is priceless, and Mindy's outfit is, um, tragic. Those were the days! Hugs to you, little kids, and your parents.

Andi said...

Loved the photos of your mom. The one of her on the boat reminds me so much of you. And the 1976 photo, the little you reminds me of Liv. A beautiful, incredible woman. Lots of love Tamsen!