Monday, January 10, 2011

20 months (and other random notes)

Favorite photo of the week:

Liv is 20 months today! She is seeming so grown-up lately. She has a new obsession with cleaning (wiping things down). She will pull out a baby wipe and wash the chairs, leather furniture etc. She has also started to help me put dishes away and hang up clothes (we just mounted the new hooks under our stairs--love them!). Here are a couple of shots of her washing chairs and floors which I found her doing on her own one morning. What a great helper...let's hope it sticks!


Our first (and only) grapefruit was ready to eat this week. Too bad it was super tiny. The boys shared it and got about two bites each.

Fun with static:

Burke and I have spent lots of free time reading Harry Potter this week:

My brother and sister-in-law sent some Halloween costumes home with us that my brother and I wore when we were kids (I'm sure that my mom made both of these). Tosh and Hewitt had fun trying them on and running around in them one night:


Aunt Alisa and Uncle Kevin were in town this weekend. It was nice to catch up and hang out. (I especially enjoyed going jogging and getting to visit lots with Alisa).

Here is Alisa helping Tosh with his new blades:
and Alisa playing a game with the kids:

Another throw back from my childhood is this "Danger Live Wire" shirt that I wore as a kid. I used to wonder why people would laugh when they read it.
I've been able to get pretty organized this week (house, new monthly dinner schedule, completing projects, back in my exercise routine, etc.). Let's hope I can keep it going. Soccer has started back up again as well as cub scouts and running club. I'm hoping that staying busy can overcome the "blah" that is usually synonymous with January.

7 comments:

The Laundry Queen said...

So many of these pictures made me laugh. I'm glad you've been able to get organized-- I've been doing some of that, too, and it feels good.

Angie said...

What a cute picture of Liv! Abbi used to love to clean when she was little too. And she did when she got older too- she always wanted to mop. But now she's not so fond of it. But I can't really blame her.

John R said...

I remember mom and dad talking about different people or kids as "real live wire" types. I bet you were one of those. Great pictures!

janeannechovy said...

Oh, I love that pink butterfly top! And the girl in it is too adorable. Such a good helper!! Enjoy it while it lasts. Eventually they all get to the point where they roll their eyes or tell you to talk to the hand. :)

Tom and Maryana said...

Yes, you were an "enjoyable" live wire.

Heather Ashby said...

So many cute pictures. That is awesome that you have a grapefruit tree. Hopefully next year will produce more fruit. I love the Live Wire t-shirt. That is great that you never realized what it meant.

Angela said...

Cute pictures, especially that 1st one of Liv. Noah is in the helpful stage too and loves to help me out. I have thought a lot about what I want to organize but that is about as far as it has gone, way to go.