I am so relieved that things went well and it is behind us! I pray that this procedure does the trick and Liv will be feeling and hearing better now.
We love you, sweet Liv.
An over-sized "brag book" about the Peterson kids... Written for Grandma, and shared with you.
Thursday, January 20, 2011
tubes
Liv had tubes put in her ears this morning. I felt a little anxiety both last night and this morning. Rob was awesome and offered to take her to get her checked in while I got the boys off to school. I got to the surgery center just after they had taken her in and Rob and I only waited for about 10 minutes until the doctor came out to talk to us (he mentioned that both ears were filled with puss - lovely). Five minutes after that, Liv was in my arms waking up. 
She didn't cry very much (unlike the child on the other side of the curtain), but got really fussy while we were leaving and cried the entire drive home. I held her for about an hour after we were home. By lunch time she seemed to be back to her usual, busy, silly self.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Liv was in our prayers...so thankful it went well.
I'm glad it all worked out.
Yay for Liv!
Oh, poor little Liv. I had no idea she was having such problems with her ears- no fun! I hope it helps her feel better too! was she experiencing hearing prob.s too? i had tubes when i was little too- I always had ear infections!! it helped me! Thanks for reading my lame blog- I might make it private like you too. I also don't want to feel like i have to think of entertaining things to say. Just want to keep a daily journal!! I'm going to try my best Tamsen!! You write soo beautifully, btw! Love ya! SImone
I'm so glad that things went well. Handing your child over to the doctor is the worst part. Glad that Rob did that part for you. She sure is adorable! Miss you guys.
happy sad....but glad that she is doing all right. Poor thing! Poor you! Never easy. She looks so much like Hewitt in that last picture! I LOVE your family! I never took the chance to thank you and Hewitt for that fantastic Christmas card. Will was thrilled. Miss you all!
Glad it all went well. I had tubes and I still remember when they fell out! My niece (she's 2 1/2) had them put in last year and it was amazing how quickly she started talking. It was probably the week after she began to say words that my SIL couldn't believe it. It's amazing what happens when you can hear yourself!
Post a Comment