Friday, October 1, 2010

ready for fall break

We've got first quarter of school behind us and the boys are out of school until October 20th. I met with Burke and Hewitt's teachers this week and both boys are doing excellent! I am ready for a break from school as well as soccer!
Here's Hewitt running to greet me after school. Can you spot Burke in the background walking with his friend?

Our kids still get up pretty early (it averages around 6:30) most days. Burke and Tosh had time to jump on the tramp together for about 30 min. before school one day. Morning is still the only time it is cool enough to play outside. We've had record breaking high temperatures for the past couple of weeks. I am officially tired of above 100 degree weather!

Tosh is so goofy and entertaining. A couple of my favorite things he says often are:

"I am the best!" He says this with a Spanish accent like Jack Black in "Nacho Libre." He obviously hasn't seen the movie so he's had to have heard Rob say this or something...

"I'm easy at that!" He means that he is good at something, or that something is easy for him.

He has also been very loving and will tell me things like, "I love you, Mommy" and "Can I snug with you?" out of the blue.
Tosh often wants things "just like Burke" these days.
Liv is still keeping busy climbing on things and pulling things out of cupboards and drawers. One of her discoveries was an old Yoga VHS tape that I bought years ago from a neighbor for 50 cents at a garage sale... While I was doing laundry this week, I came in the laundry room to find Tosh trying to copy the yoga poses.
Blurry, but still cute.

Liv and Tosh love playing in these clothes hampers. This photo is hard to see, but they are giving each other kisses.


For about 25 years, I have looked forward to doing pigtails on a little girl. The day finally came.
All week I've been telling Liv, "Let's go do your hair!" And she completely cooperates.

See? I'm a little obsessed with girl hair, but it's so much fun and I think she looks so cute. I noticed last week that Liv's eyes are not so blue anymore. I was really hoping that they'd stay Rob's color, but it looks as though they are turning hazel. Oh well. Darn my dominant genes.



And my favorite photo of the week that I L.O.V.E. , and was lucky to catch:

7 comments:

The Laundry Queen said...

I just combined my comment for this entry and the last on the comic book one-- this is the one where I should comment that I'm glad you got your girl so you can do her hair!

Sue said...

She is so cute! Love the whole outfit in that picture too.

Heather Ashby said...

That is a long fall break! It is almost like you are going off track. San Diego sounds like a lot of fun. I'm very jealous. I could use a vacation. I love that picture of Liv. You should enter it into a cutest baby contest somewhere!

janeannechovy said...

Those pigtails are darling. I remember how excited I was to put pigtails on Cindy Lou the first time. Now she often chooses to leave her hair loose, but always reminds me to put her ponytail in when she's eating, and she's good about having pigtails or braids for school (so she doesn't get paint or glue in her hair).

patti's place said...

I love all the October blogs...I really like the look on Hewitt's face as he is coming to meet you at the car. It's great to be so loved by your children!

John R said...

Rob's right, we are spoiled...by our Daughter in Law. Great posts! I didn't think Liv would let you out anything in her hair or wear a hat.

Perschon Family said...

I love catching up on your blog. I had heard Hewitt's birth story but read through it again and wow...what a great story! I remember meeting Hewitt for the first time when he and Max were in nursery together and I always thought he was such a cute, fun kid, always made me smile. The party looked like tons of fun and the cake was awesome!! I hope you have a great vacation!!