Sunday, May 2, 2010

fathers and sons

The highlight of the week was that Rob, Burke and Hewitt were able to go camping at the "Fathers and Sons" camp-out this week. It was near Payson, AZ and it was pretty cold there (dropped down into the 20s at night...quite a change from the low of 55-60 that we are used to here at night).

The boys had a BLAST and I am convinced that this annual camping trip is more exciting for Burke than his birthday or Christmas. I actually thought to send the camera with Rob for once, and he actually remembered to take a couple of photos! Here is one of the boys exploring (and a rare shot of Burke's missing teeth):

Next year Tosh will (finally) get to go. He really wanted to go, and was so sad when the guys were getting ready to leave without him. We kept telling him that he would get to go next year and that he needed to be three (family rule) to be able to go. As soon as Rob and the boys got home Tosh said, "I'm three! I can go camping now!" Well almost, buddy. We are thinking about going camping as a family sometime this summer (when Liv is walking maybe?), we'll see. Maybe they can do another "boys only" trip.

I got a couple of shots of Hewitt and Rob when they happened to be wearing the same shirt one day. (I probably need to do a better job of getting photos of Rob and myself with the kids.) I think that Hewitt has a lot more "Rob" in him than me.
I painted our living room as soon as Rob walked in the door from camping yesterday. It needed a second coat and I finally got around to doing it. It looks so much better and is ready for the shutters that should be installed this week.

Rob is going to Oregon (work related) for a few days this week and Burke's b-day party is on Saturday so it is going to be a busy one (as usual). The weather has been cooler this weekend (high of 81 today), but it is expected to heat back into the 90's and stay hot from now on, so I will miss the cooler weather. I have LOVED our first fall/winter/spring here. Just want that recorded so I can read this as a reminder in July!

We were invited over to have dinner with friends in the ward both last night and also tonight, so it was a "party weekend." It was so nice not to make dinner at all this weekend (besides bringing salads). What a treat!

I spent most of church (all three hours) out in the hallway or in the nursery with Liv. She is at that "fun" age for sure when going to church seems like a joke. It would be nice if Rob could be a nursery worker this entire year so I can start sending her in there a couple of months early. Rob has really liked being in nursery and does a great job with the kids (and they love him, of course).

And I think that about wraps up another week!

2 comments:

janeannechovy said...

That first green shirt picture is really cute of Rob! And Hewitt may have some of his personality, but I don't think he really looks like Rob at all. We're looking forward to seeing Rob this week!

The Laundry Queen said...

Cute pictures! We're excited to finally go on a family camping trip again this summer now that we have a tent to fit all of us again. I'm glad you're enjoying it so much down there.