Sunday, December 6, 2009

sunday "stampler"

I don't have much to say tonight; it was a pretty low-key week. The boys had their last soccer games yesterday and it was in the 30's outside which felt really quite cold. The upstairs in our house gets colder than our downstairs...I'm guessing we must have bad insulation or something. On Friday it was 62 degrees upstairs (it felt freezing) and I had Liv dressed in like 4 layers. Rob caved (he was here working from home) and ended up turning on the heat for the first time.

Anyway, I think I'll just note a couple of funny things from the week...

On Friday, Tosh and I were playing in our toy room and I used our stuffed "Mater" truck to lean against so I could nurse Liv. Tosh saw that I had Mater and asked me if he could play with it. I explained to him that I needed to use it for a few minutes so I could feed the baby. Tosh left the room and came back with a large pillow from my bed so he could trade me. I thought that he was pretty clever as I didn't ask him to do that, nor did I use the word pillow.

I've mentioned previously that Tosh says "be-tuzz" (because) all of the time now. His new thing to ask is, "be-why?" I don't know why he has tacked a "be" in front of "why," but it is funny and sounds really cute.

Tosh has never really eaten bread and has refused it since he first tried it as a baby. Today was the second time he has even tried the Sacrament bread and after tasting said, "Yum! I like it." He then leaned over the back of the bench, watched the cute 17-year-old girl sitting behind us take the bread and then LOUDLY asked her, "Do you like it?"

After moving here we got a membership to Sam's Club instead of Costco because it is quite close to our house. The kids love going there with Rob so they can walk around eating samples of all the food. I totally crack up watching Rob and the three Mini-Robs all "yumming" over sausages, cheeses, desserts, etc. The funny thing about this is that Hewitt calls it "stamples" instead of "samples." I laugh every time. "Are we going to go get stamples today?!" Do you understand the title of this post now?

I just heard Hewitt say, "out of bounce" instead of "out of bounds." This also made me laugh and when I pointed it out to Rob he said, "That's what I thought it was when I was a kid!"

And finally, here are a couple of photos of Tosh in pair of Rob's old glasses (the lenses are out).


Tosh in 15 years?:

2 comments:

The Laundry Queen said...

Oh my gosh, Tams! The comparison picture at the end made me crack up. Awesome!

Tom and Maryana said...

What a cute family... It is good you are writing a blog so you have all of these experiences to remember.