This week seemed so busy and I feel exhausted so I might not write as much as I would normally. Rob has been busier than I ever remember with work. He worked past 1 AM on Wednesday, did not come from work until midnight on Thursday (we were supposed to have the missionaries over for dinner on Thursday so I gave them "take out" chili and cornbread since Rob wasn't here). He also worked Friday night, Saturday night, was at a Stake choir thing tonight and has a work thing tomorrow evening that he still has tons of work to do to get ready for... His boss told Rob to take me out to dinner (up to $150) to make up for the long hours. Most of you know how frugal Rob and I are. I just can't imagine spending $150 on dinner for the two of us. Rob and I were thinking of going somewhere nice and then when leaving get a bunch of take-out to eat at home to maximize the money (the bill is going to be expensed, not cash). Our new thought today was to go somewhere where we can buy a gift card first thing so that we can get a few dinners out of it at different times. Are we pathetic or what?
This week's funnies:
Tosh has two Bears. We keep one hidden in case the other goes missing. The other day he found his "other" Bear, got so excited and said, "Two Bears!?! That never happens!"
Tosh likes speaking loudly and doesn't really appreciate when I try to get him to whisper or when I whisper to him. Even if he senses that I'm trying to talk quietly he will say, "No Mom, Say it loud!"
The Primary children sang "Away in a Manger" in Sacrament meeting today. My boys love this song and we have sung it at home a lot this month. Tosh, watched the children singing, "Asleep, asleep..." and yelled, "Wake up!!!" The people behind us and I were laughing so hard I actually cried.
This sweet boy, loud?
Hewitt returned to our bench after singing with the Primary kids and said, "I don't like choir practice." (Hmmm, not sure where he's heard that before...).
Hewitt was holding Liv yesterday and said, "I love real zero-olds!"
More photos of our favorite "zero-old" (and real) baby doll:
4 comments:
Tosh is hilarious-- "Wake up!!". I love that last picture of him. A keeper for sure. Liv is getting so big. Can't wait until we can see her in person again one of these days.
I would have been laughing until I cried, too! That is awesome. Liv definitely is getting grown up. And I LOVE that gingham dress--the rickrack border totally makes it (and look--I'm complimenting her on clothes that aren't hand-me-downs from my house!).
The dress was a baby gift from my SIL, Tracey. I love it too. I knew it would be perfect with Liv's coloring.
She is so beautiful. I can't believe how big she is. Sure miss you guys.
Post a Comment