We haven't been to Disneyland since April of 2008 and decided to take the kids while in California for fall break. We were thinking the crowds wouldn't be too bad on a Tuesday in October, but I'm convined that the entire state of Arizona decided to go on the same day (we ran into a few people we know). We had a great time (although it was pretty exhausting, especially with Truman). Rob and I have already planned that our next visit to Disneyland will be with Truman when he is eight years old and in late January--ha!
We got there right as it opened and got through several rides right away; we were really organized with a plan and used fast passes all day. We were able to ride everything we really wanted to without waiting too terribly long. I didn't take a ton of photos, but got a few. Poor Truman spent a lot of time waiting for the big kids to ride things he wasn't old enough to go on. He did get to meet these cool guys while waiting once:
My cute little buddy:
In front of the Haunted Mansion (or whatever it's called now):
Liv catching a quick glimpse of a parade:
Cuties on the Carousel:
(Truman LOVED this ride)
Waiting in line together...these next photos crack me up! Especially Liv (she was having a minor melt down about something)!:
Okay, finally a good one of everyone:
I sure love this guy...even more than tacos. Thanks for sucking it up and taking us to Disneyland, Rob.
Another go on the carousel later in the evening just for Tru:
We had a fun and tiring day. My favorite ride is still Pirates of the Caribbean (and my least favorite was Star Tours--I felt sick for at least an hour afterward).
One last pic as we were leaving the park:
On Thursday we went to California Adventure. It wasn't nearly as crowded as Disneyland, thankfully. We didn't have to wait in line at all for the first couple of hours. On the Toy Story ride:
Liv is so cute, concentrating in her 3D glasses:
Truman was loving all of the rides that morning!
Disney Magic:
I had never been to Cars Land before and it's the CUTEST PLACE EVER! I told Hewitt that I wish we could have taken three-year-old Hewitt there--he would have loved it. Everything looks so much like the Cars movie and the rides are so fun; my face was sore from smiling.
Sweet napper, still holding his cracker:
I try not to talk about looks too much, but isn't this little girl beautiful?
Inside and out.
I love these five so much (but not this enormous ferris wheel we were all on...I'm getting too old for most rides):
Proof that I'm too old for most rides--burst a blood vessel in my eye on one of the rides:
Hanging out in Radiator Springs:
This was my favorite ride of the day (as well as Soaring Over the World). Cute Liv with her hands up:
Mater!
Rob got the cutest video of Truman dancing in Cars Land that I will have to add later.
Don't let Tosh's face fool you here (I think he was bummed at that moment that he couldn't go on a ride again), we had such a great and fun day!
3 comments:
Love your adventures! Next time although I'll be. 80 so who knows!
You guys are so brave! We told our kids they're out of luck when it comes to Disneyland. :)
I hate that ferris wheel too! Tom took a video of me on it and my anxiety was out of control.
Post a Comment