Saturday, December 12, 2015

fall break at newport coast

The kids had fall break at the end of September so we loaded up (our final voyage in our minivan) and headed to Newport, CA.  We stayed at the Marriott Villas (maybe our 4th time there?) and simply enjoyed relaxing at the beach and the resort. I took lots of photos, mostly of Truman since it was his first time at the beach. Here is a small sampling:

Beach Day One at Corona Del Mar:





 It was nice that Truman wasn't quite crawling while we were there. I mostly just kept him on a blanket in the shade. He doesn't take a binky, but I figured I'd try to get him to chew on that instead of eat sand--ha! 


He eventually zonked out on Rob's shoulder for a quick nap:


Selfie on the beach:

Happy little guy:



Beach Day Two at Crystal Cove:


The boys played lots of football and Liv and I collected lots of shells:




Cute brothers:

Sue let me borrow a shade tent that was JaneAnne's (thank you both) which made it possible for me to have a little privacy to nurse Tru. I was able to get him to take a short nap in the tent for a bit. Having a baby on vacation is a lot of work, and not much of a 'vacation' if I'm being honest. :)
 Such a cutie-pie! Love this little man.

Tru thinks Liv is hilarious! She can make him laugh harder than anyone.

Liv and Tru loving on each other post beach and baths:

  

I let Liv wear mascara for the first time and she was so excited and said, "I have the longest eyelashes in the world! I've never noticed that before." Sweet girl.

The boys LOVE playing basketball and were happy to find other kids at the resort to play with each day:




We went to Balboa Island one day--it's tradition!

Liv on the ferry:



  Ferris Wheel rides, Frozen bananas and Balboa bars:
Rob took the older four to the beach after we returned from Balboa, and Truman and I stayed home for naps and some HGTV/Food Network watching. I want to note that Truman loved the curtains in our room. A favorite thing from the trip was when someone asked about Truman and Hewitt said, "He's playfully batting at the curtains." (It's so random but we say this all the time now.) So cute!


 





Last day at the beach (Crystal Cove again):

The clouds came out for about two minutes to be able to get a really cute photo of our fantastic five:

Truman wasn't so sure about the water...

He kept picking his feet up which made everyone laugh :)

The night before we came home we decided to go out to eat (we had cooked in our room every other night) and we ended up going to three different places to get everyone what they wanted. Since it was birthday eve for Hewitt, I even ran into the mall with these two to get Panda Express! I love these next photos of getting off of the escalator and Hewitt holding up the food he'd been talking about getting for so long: 
 

 We ended up at Ruby's which is where Rob, Burke and I ate and where everyone got shakes or floats. Tosh was pretty stoked if you can't tell:



 A big hug for the birthday boy! We packed up and headed home on Hewitt's birthday. Hewitt was pretty happy to get out of helping--ha! :)

It was a great and fairly relaxing trip! We were excited to get home as our good friends were coming to visit that night. More on that and Hewitt's birthday coming up next!

1 comment:

The Laundry Queen said...

Such fantastic pictures! It looks like you had a blast-- I totally want to go now! I can't believe how huge Burke is.