The night before Burke's birthday we took the whole family to the mall (yikes!) to go suit shopping. I really liked this tan colored suit, but Burke had his mind set on something dark. I am quite fond of this photo (and the kid in the suit):
I took the kids to the city pool after school on B's birthday, and then we had french toast with buttermilk syrup for dinner (per Burke's request). After all of that, it was finally time to open cards and presents:
Burke may be one of the only 12-year-old kids in America to want scout pants for his birthday:
The day AFTER his birthday, we got a call from the nurse's office asking us to come and pick Burke up from school. He had been playing wall-ball and turned to run away from the wall and ran into another kid, then bounced off of him and then ran right into a brick pillar. He cut up his knee, shoulder, and face. The nurse suggested that we could get glue at the pediatrician (instead of stitches at the ER) and she was correct. Before glue:
Post glue:
His eye was more bruised and quite swollen the next day. This was Burke's first time ever needing glue, stitches or staples. Each of our other kids has needed something twice!
Burke hasn't had a 'friend' birthday party since he was eight (remember two years ago when Burke requested we have a mother's day party instead of a birthday party with a bunch of different desserts?). Rob was able to get tickets to a Diamondbacks game through work and we suggested that Burke invite as many friends as would fit in our van. Burke was sweet and said, "Can I just go to the game with Dad?" I told him to think about it for a couple of days. He did decide to invite some friends and had a great time. Burke initially wanted to go to In-N-Out Burger on the way to the game, but they ended up getting dinner at the ballpark instead. Rob said the boys had a really great time (even if they weren't paying that much attention to the game.)
| Burke, Connor, Camden, Tag, Hayden, and Jaxson |
On Sunday, May 18th, Burke was ordained a Deacon. It was a beautiful blessing and extra special that my Dad was able to be here to assist with it.
Grandpa Dunning and Burke:
I love this next photo. My dad and Helen were having a discussion about whether or not Burke should button his jacket. Burke's face is so cute!
I love these two handsome men:
Thanks Dad and Helen for joining us for this special event. Sure love my dad!
3 comments:
Wow! Rob splurged for food at the game! What a fun party for Burke. Looks like Helen won the discussion on to-button-or-not-to-button. :)
Handsome young feller! And Rob looks tired in that last shot. Nice tie, though. :)
I love the pics! So glad your dad could be there.
Post a Comment