We packed a lot into the short month of February. I was able to volunteer as an usher at the Gilbert Temple Open House one day. I had the best post--right at the entrance of the Celestial Room. The big chandelier in the room is spectacular and it was fun to see the reaction as visitors saw the room--everything from loud gasps to tears. My shift was three and a half hours long and my face hurt so bad from smiling the whole time :), not to mention my back from standing still in the same spot.
We were able to attend the open house as a family as well. Rob invited two women he works with to go with us (one brought her husband and the other brought her boyfriend). One of the couples is Christian, and the other is from India and not very religious (they joked that they are probably the only Indians we will meet that are not vegetarians). I had a great time talking to the couple from India and explaining some basic Christian beliefs as well as other specific LDS doctrines.
Our kids were a bit tired waiting in line to enter (past Liv's usual bedtime), but they were great inside the temple and it was a wonderful evening.
Tosh and Hewitt being more entertaining than reverent here...
| Shriram, Shruthi, (us), and Angela |
Liv loves it when I wrap her hair up in a towel like I do with my hair after a shower:
My family has a monthly chat on "google hangouts" and I snuck some photos of my dad on our call just after he and Helen returned home from their mission. I think it's a great photo of him laughing at something someone said:
This is a great one of Todd and Tracey too-- and you can also see everyone else at the bottom of the screen:
Liv and I were anxious to see Grandpa and Grandma Helen, and flew to Utah to visit over President's weekend. We woke up very early on Valentine's Day to catch our flight:
Helen introduced Liv to "Build a Bear" and she thought that was the coolest thing ever! She picked out a cute little dog to make and named her "Bella."
Helen also let Liv pick out her first nightgown! What a treat! Liv put it on right after we got home and wore it all day (and night).
On Sunday, we had a big family dinner at Melanie and Kevin's home. Everything was delicious! Melanie let Liv frost the 'stain glass' Valentine cookies:
My dear Aunt Pat and cousin Jackie and me:
It was great to spend time with three of my beautiful adult nieces! I love them all so much and was thrilled to learn that I am going to be a GREAT AUNT (first week of Sept). Congrats to Mel and Kevin!
On Monday (President's Day) we were able to see some more cousins! Aunt Sue was kind enough to help the kids make cookies at her house:
Cute cousins playing with the snow! Liv's preschool teacher asked her to bring back some snow and she put some in a Ziplock to bring back (we sent her this photo my SIL took instead):
I had a nice time going through some of my Dad's things. I found some great photos (many of which I had never seen before). Here are some nice photographs of my grandparents, Jack and Helen Dunning:
Some adorable ones of my dad from his childhood:
Liv and I had a very nice time in Utah. Flying in and out of the Provo airport seemed pretty slick. Getting through security was a breeze. We boarded and Liv worked in a workbook as we taxied out to the runway...
...only to return to the gate, deplane, and be told to wait in the tiny airport (no food, one bathroom stall) for the next 3 1/2 hours for a mechanic to drive to Provo from SLC to check the plane. Safety first, of course! I was thankful to be with a four-year-old and not an infant. My heart went out to the new mom with tears streaming down her face when we first got off the plane. Liv stayed busy with a memory game (was so thankful we had that!) and she met a little boy (Omar) that let her share his alphabet floor puzzle. A kind woman sitting next to us in the airport got a Sprite for Liv, which means we spent most of the time waiting in the bathroom line! :)
We were very happy to get home and back to our boys!
This is a random shot, but Rob took the kids to our next door neighbor's garage sale and they came back with all sorts of 'treasures' including these plastic cactus margarita glasses. Ha!
3 comments:
So glad you got to come visit and we are excited that we'll see you again soon! Those cactus margarita glasses are awesome! :)
Fun to read what you've been up to :)
Your dad looks like his mom!
Post a Comment